PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Biking

skibum1321
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
So now that we've been talking about mountain biking in the Bush forum, it seems like we'll be able to actually ride in a week or 2 at this rate :cry: .

On another note, what are everyone's favorite places to ride in the Valley (and beyond)?

djspookman
01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
So now that we've been talking about mountain biking in the Bush forum, it seems like we'll be able to actually ride in a week or 2 at this rate :cry: .

On another note, what are everyone's favorite places to ride in the Valley (and beyond)?

haha!! i know! I went for a ride 2 nights ago around my place in NH. Snow biking is sooo much fun! (although I prefer to ski in snow!)

As for biking in the valley.. I loved biking behind my old place on German Flats.. just a quick hop over the beaver dam, and there were plenty of singletrack loops at my disposal! (Sugar Run trail system)

ASfor beyond.. I love biking in Jericho (where I grew up) on my friend Warrens trails, Mobb Farm, Cilley Hill rd.. and beyond Jericho; the Waterbury trails, Smuggs, Fairfax, Randolph (tons of fun stuff there!)

dave

ski_resort_observer
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
It's not mountain biking tho lots of folks with mountain bikes are out there. The cruise along the east bench of the valley is amazing. From about where Roxbury Gap Rd hits the E. Warren Rd to Waitsfield Village or continue to the right on the Common Rd then down to Waitsfield Village
via Joslin Hill Rd.

If you like dirt rds you can take one of several lefts along this east bench road to Rt 100. Rolston Rd has some pretty tight sections. The Airport Rd section is also a fav. You can stop at the Sugarbush International Airport for lunch and watch the 757's taking off and landing. :lol:

The views from this area are amazing, low traffic and the "big dip" is as much of a thrill as I want to get on a bike. :lol:

djspookman
01-19-2006, 07:38 AM
You can stop at the Sugarbush International Airport for lunch and watch the 757's taking off and landing. :lol:

LOL!!!! now that's funny!!!! I've always wondered what a two seated, enginless 757's looked like!

dave

skibum1321
01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
I love biking in Jericho (where I grew up) on my friend Warrens trails
Do you mean Saxon hill? If so, they've done a great job there.

I've never actually biked in the valley, but I love Mobbs Hill/Valley and Arcana in Jericho. Waterbury has some awesome stuff too. Mud Pond in Williston is fun for a short ride. Check out fotwheel.org for some good stuff around Chittenden County.

Around Nashua, I haven't found anything too great. I've been riding at Lowell/Dracut/Tyngsboro SP, Yudicky in Nashua and the FOMBA trails in Auburn.

djspookman
01-19-2006, 08:44 AM
I love biking in Jericho (where I grew up) on my friend Warrens trails
Do you mean Saxon hill? If so, they've done a great job there.

yup! we used to ride those trails when I was in high school a TON, back when no one really knew they were there. (Warren was the mountain bike clubs coach)

Dave

smootharc
01-19-2006, 09:02 AM
You can stop at the Sugarbush International Airport for lunch and watch the 757's taking off and landing. :lol:
LOL!!!! now that's funny!!!! I've always wondered what a two seated, enginless 757's looked like!

Last summer I took the Top Gun ride with the head instructor/glider guy, and he asked if I'd be interested in a particular thrill after we'd been tooling around above Lincoln peak for a while. I'd been joking on the ground about all the other "girly-men" passengers, etc. I said "yup". And he said put your camera away and tighten your seatbelt.

He then pointed the stick down, we did about a 1000' dive (like the worlds biggest roller coaster drop with no rails - awesome), then he pulled us up and over in a full vertical 360, after which we banked back and forth as we descended some more. Freakin' absolutely awesome. Driving home 3 hours later I still had a stupid, goofy grin like a dog's on my face.... :D