PDA

View Full Version : How is the skiing/riding today?

Abe Froman
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I opted not to go out today. Instead I am doing some New Year's cleaning. :o How are the conditions on the mountain today :?:

Mtnlady
01-15-2006, 02:49 PM
I can tell you based on reports made by ambassadors - everything from "variable" to "It's OK!" The challenge is the wind - the ridge lines have been wind-held all day and GMX @ ME as well - pretty tough. Snowmakers and groomers will be out all night - guns have blown all day. Unfortunately, our forecast guru predicts even stronger winds tomorrow - yuk! The sun will shine, though...

Abe Froman
01-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the report Mt. Lady!

Xcreamus
01-15-2006, 09:03 PM
The groomers didn't do a good job, last night. :x

They did a GREAT job!

Where they hadn't gone, it was death and destruction. Where they had gone, there was edgeble snow which held up all morning. (I quit early... IT WAS COLD!!!)

The first day after the refreeze usually sucks. There are death cookies everywhere. Each day after that there are less.

Today there were very few.

As a bonus, the snow being made over on Gatehouse was pretty good, tho not fun on the lift.

Sure coulda used that "significant snow" they promised us, but much better than I feared. :wink:

summitchallenger
01-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I've always found the grooming at Sugarbush to be decent.

Last week at Sunapee, they groomed one side before it froze and it was all boilerplate. I rarely saw that at SB. There would be some uneven spots here and there, but not many.

Where is groomsit when we need him? :wink:

Treeskier
01-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Lower Organgrinder grooming I would give a C long mounds where each pass of the groomer meet the last pass. Spring fling on the other hand was groom very nicely! The snow they are blowing on Hot Shot to Waterfall was very nice and fun. Unfortunatly they do not have all of the guns going on Sleeper so you went from beautiful snow making to no snowmaking and back. I suspect they will fill in the dots very soon. Over all today was a lot better then yesturday. Still very very cold. For those who did not ski this weekend. Saturday was the best even with the rain. Rip Cord and Stiens skied very well. Unfortuntly the 4 inches of snow (and it did snow hard) blew to Grandville and is not even visible in the woods. From the top of Gate House down we went back to the forest floor in 50% of the area. From Gate House elevation up we keep a good 8-11" bace. Which is locked up like a brick right now.

Doing my snow dance!