PDA

View Full Version : Timber Ho

tyler
01-12-2006, 05:14 PM
would be a great trail name at SB. I mean they used to ski here a lot and I imagine they still do from time to time, it would be cool to name a trail after the boys from Burlington. The possiblities are endless really...

Timber Ho > Steep > Swept Away

How about a trail called It's Ice on the most sunlight trail, that would confuse some folks.

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
would be a great trail name at SB. I mean they used to ski here a lot and I imagine they still do from time to time, it would be cool to name a trail after the boys from Burlington. The possiblities are endless really...

How about a trail called It's Ice on the most sunlight trail, that would confuse some folks.
Yeah, I was just thinking that.

Strat
01-12-2006, 08:27 PM

Well, that wasn't confusing.

tyler
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Strat was my post really that confusing or you're just not a big Phish phan?

Anyway, I am heading up to Sugarbush for the first time in Feb. any recomendations as to the best places to ski/ride, stay, eat, drink and be merry?

Strat
01-13-2006, 07:13 AM

Anyway, I am heading up to Sugarbush for the first time in Feb. any recomendations as to the best places to ski/ride, stay, eat, drink and be merry?
Nope, not a big Phish fan, though the Timber > Steep > Swept thing did look to me like a set list... just didn't link that in my mind to Burlington and everything...

Tin Woodsman
01-13-2006, 10:07 AM

That went completely over my head. As for places to eat, drink, and be merry, check out the Mad River Valley forum here for a bunch of ideas. Skiing and riding? Depends on what type of terrain you're into.

tyler
01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks Tim, I snowboard and my brohter ski's. I would say either of us can navigate our way down most trails on any mountain. I tend to shy away from the bumps and we both enjoy scenic crusier runs and backcountry type stuff. I love the trees if the conditions are right.

skiladi
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I love the trees if the conditions are right.

You are coming up in Feb.? We can only HOPE! ; }

tyler
01-13-2006, 03:33 PM
7 Below
Cavern
Punch You In The Eye
Ghost
Stash
Sparkle
The Wedge

All great trail names.

djspookman
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
7 Below
Cavern
Punch You In The Eye
Ghost
Stash
Sparkle
The Wedge

All great trail names.

what about:

Axilla
Gamehendge
Character Zero
Reba (Reba's Run)
Llama
Prince Caspian (Prince Caspians glades)
Sample in a Jar
First Tube
Meat
Limb by Limb

:)

dave

tyler
01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I like "Reba's Run" and Limb by Limb... classic

Axilla would be cool too, how about Axilla (Part I) > Axilla (Part II)... kinda like upper... and lower...

atkinson
01-13-2006, 04:28 PM
You gauze forgot:

Divided Sky
Antelope (already taken, I know)
Bathtub Gin (homemade glade)
Oblivious Fool (Olivia's Pool)
Tweezer - So Cold
Weekapaugh Grove

I could go on ... but won't.

John

freeheel_skier
01-13-2006, 07:25 PM
how about:

kung
tela
icu
harry hood(feelin good about hood)

and on and on and on..............

djspookman
01-13-2006, 09:24 PM
You gauze forgot:

Divided Sky
Antelope (already taken, I know)
Bathtub Gin (homemade glade)
Oblivious Fool (Olivia's Pool)
Tweezer - So Cold
Weekapaugh Grove

I could go on ... but won't.

John

Oh! I forgot about Divided Sky!! I really like that one!

dave

smootharc
01-14-2006, 08:48 AM
....against us less hip 40+'ers. Administrators: Please lock it down immediately. If you don't, I'm firing up a Bee Gee's trail naming thread.

How'd you all like a trail name like "How Deep is Your Love ?" Think of it. Powder = Love. Now that's deeeeepppp. :lol:

djspookman
01-14-2006, 09:13 AM
....against us less hip 40+'ers. Administrators: Please lock it down immediately. If you don't, I'm firing up a Bee Gee's trail naming thread.

How'd you all like a trail name like "How Deep is Your Love ?" Think of it. Powder = Love. Now that's deeeeepppp. :lol:

NICE!:) I like that too smootharc!

dave

Xcreamus
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Puns like that, it sounds like you're asking to get banned! :shock: :lol:

smootharc
01-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Puns like that, it sounds like you're asking to get banned! :shock: :lol:

....43 is the new 27. Silly me. Duh ! I hereby ban myself. :lol:

tyler
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I think every member of Phish is over 40 these days. There not that hip anymore...

I thought eveyone in VT loved Phish. Isn't like a rule or something? :wink:

Tin Woodsman
01-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I think every member of Phish is over 40 these days. There not that hip anymore...

I thought eveyone in VT loved Phish. Isn't like a rule or something? :wink:

Yeah - you get Live Phish Vol 1&2 along with a Subaru and a pint of Ben & Jerry's in your orientation package.

Lostone
01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh MAN!!! :shock:

I messed up! :cry:

Thought I was doing well by moving in with a Subaru. Turns out I slipped in under the radar! :roll:

I missed out on the live Phish albums, and even worse, the Ben & Jerry's. :cry:

Treehugger
01-15-2006, 12:41 PM

There's great ski/ride all over sbush. Just stay off Castlerock if you're avoiding bumps. All other lifts have groomed options.
Lot's of good food. My favorites are Warren House for expensive, and Localfolk Smokehouse for cheaper, plus hanging-out and music on saturdays.

tyler
01-17-2006, 04:55 PM
The problem for me usually is that all of the nice terrian (i.e. rocks, cliffs, trees) have bumps and for me on a snowboard not that fun.\

This is why I need to learn to ski better. It would just be such a step in the wrong direction for me. I mean I ride fairly well and the last time I skied was over 10 years ago. Oh well, I guess sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to move forward. :?

atkinson
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know where you guys got the idea that Subarus, Phish albums and B&J's were real Vermont. The Official Vermont Welcome Package includes a Pontiac Sunfire, a homemade DVD from Thunder Road and a sixer of Bud.

John

tyler
01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I just saw there is a trail named Twist but it's not named after Phish.