PDA

View Full Version : How is it up there

skiier04
01-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Coming up this weekend I saw the website says 110/111 trails open which sounds good.

HOw is the snow???

Pretty spring-like Im assuming.

skiladi
01-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Coming up this weekend I saw the website says 110/111 trails open which sounds good.

HOw is the snow???

Pretty spring-like Im assuming.

I left Monday afternoon and things were a bit sticky. The weather is reporting a mixed bag. If temps stay low enough they could see snow at the higher elevations. Coverage was great on the groomers as of Monday. Natch trails were a bit dicier but still skiable. I'm hoping there will not be a washout like Christmas week. If you look at the weather reports it doesn't appear to be that scary just a little warmup mid-week with a front coming through and then a return to colder temps. My only fear would be the freeze/thaw firming up thing happening for Saturday. We can only hope for more snow Sunday. But skiing is skiing. I've gone with low expectations before and been pleasantly surprised. You'll have to make your own decision but I say " Go Ski". ; }

Just checked out a few weather sites. www.snow-forecast.com is offering a free day to non-members today. I usually look at the 3-day cause things in NE are so unpredictable why pay for a forecast when it's bound to change. ; } But you may want to check it out and pay attention to the WIND prediction. ; {

freeheel_skier
01-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I saw the same wind forecast. :shock: It might be a nice weekend to snowshoe or xc ski? Sunday looks like the best bet.

weishuhn53
01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for the occasional inaccurate forecast.... 8)