PDA

View Full Version : Snowboards v Mad River Glen

resahcevaw
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I love MRG

bvibert
01-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Freedom of options are what make this country so great.

You mean like the freedom of option to snowboard or ski, without being prevented from doing so???

Thanks for that great contribution to the site... :roll:

Edited to remove antagonistic language from the quoted section. - Lostone

Tin Woodsman
01-06-2006, 11:30 PM

You mean like the freedom of option to snowboard or ski, without being prevented from doing ???

Putting aside for the moment that you're apparently talking about MRG in a Sugarbush thread, this post is a contender for the stupidest thing I've ever read. I may have dropped 20 IQ points just glancing at it. Nice first post - good way to ingratiate yourself into the community.

Edited to remove antagonistic language. - Lostone

resahcevaw
01-08-2006, 06:40 PM

You mean like the freedom of option to snowboard or ski, without being prevented from doing ???

Putting aside for the moment that you're apparently talking about MRG in a Sugarbush thread, this post is a contender for the stupidest thing I've ever read. I may have dropped 20 IQ points just glancing at it. Nice first post - good way to ingratiate yourself into the community.

Stupidest? Hmmm...is that a word? What's your IQ now? 60?

Now we can add censorship to the list as well, and looks like they got you too TW!

Regardless of which thread it was posted in, funny how angry people can get when the truth is spoken. Somebody needed to say it...it's going on right here in our little "open-minded" community. Regarding the banning of snowboarders from Mad River, I finally heard this lame excuse for the umpteenth time the other day "the snowboarders brought it on themselves" - of course referring to the "colorful language" directed at Betsy Pratt by a group of lesser primates years ago. But ask yourself this - is that any different than if she had been verbally assaulted by say, some african americans, and decided to ban all of THEM from skiing at MRG, due to the actions of a few?? We need a Rosa Parks to get up here and get on the single chair with a snowboard and refuse to get off. 8)

Strat
01-08-2006, 07:06 PM

Now we can add censorship to the list as well, and looks like they got you too TW!

Regardless of which thread it was posted in, funny how angry people can get when the truth is spoken. Somebody needed to say it...it's going on right here in our little "open-minded" community. Regarding the banning of snowboarders from Mad River, I finally heard this lame excuse for the umpteenth time the other day "the snowboarders brought it on themselves" - of course referring to the "colorful language" directed at Betsy Pratt by a group of lesser primates years ago. But ask yourself this - is that any different than if she had been verbally assaulted by say, some african americans, and decided to ban all of THEM from skiing at MRG, due to the actions of a few?? We need a Rosa Parks to get up here and get on the single chair with a snowboard and refuse to get off. 8)
Will you relax? If you really want to argue with people, head into a bar during happy hour with a smug look on your face. This isn't the place for that kind of behavior. Please take your negativity elsewhere. Healthy discussion is fine, but when you come here solely to start angry chatter, that's out of line.

resahcevaw
01-08-2006, 07:13 PM

Will you relax? If you really want to argue with people, head into a bar during happy hour with a smug look on your face. This isn't the place for that kind of behavior. Please take your negativity elsewhere. Healthy discussion is fine, but when you come here solely to start angry chatter, that's out of line.

It's not worth getting into it with those guys. There's just so much ignorance, plankism (racism based on plank status) and general hate that there's no way anyone's mind is going to be changed whatsoever...
Really now? Then perhaps you can explain your reference (in another thread) to MRG skiers as "racists"...and people with ignorance and general hate? That's the pot calling the kettle black. I know what you are saying and I'll take my opinion elsewhere from now on...but I'm obviously not alone in my feelings.

Lostone
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I have split the two parts of this thread. The one that talks about Mad River, I have moved to the Mad River room.

I have no irons in this fight, and really don't care, but it shouldn't be in someone else's thread. You may continue your conversation over here.

Again, please use respectful language. You may disagree as strongly as you wish, but that should be on the Mad River Glen site, not ours.

Thanx for your support.

Strat
01-08-2006, 11:12 PM

It's not worth getting into it with those guys. There's just so much ignorance, plankism (racism based on plank status) and general hate that there's no way anyone's mind is going to be changed whatsoever...
Really now? Then perhaps you can explain your reference (in another thread) to MRG skiers as "racists"...and people with ignorance and general hate? That's the pot calling the kettle black. I know what you are saying and I'll take my opinion elsewhere from now on...but I'm obviously not alone in my feelings.
Who are you, Bill O'Reilly? You're sure twisting my words. When I discussed plankism it was regarding stereotypes on both sides of the spectrum, such as skiers claiming that snowboarders take the snow off the trails, as well as snowboarders claiming skiers are arrogant @$$holes and what have you. I'm not supporting either of these stereotypes. And in any case, by the "ignorance and general hate" comments I was referring to those people who are posting in the topic that was linked to in the topic you quoted me from... I wasn't doing any of those sorts of things with my post.

Frankly, I agree with you - being a snowboarder myself I think that snowboards should be allowed at Mad River Glen. But I understand the status quo, and I respect the decision of those of the MRG cooperative. I've already got two big mountains on my pass; that's enough for me. I don't need to get on an internet chatroom and start arguments. Don't feel compelled to leave, but at least try to be sensible.

Tin Woodsman
01-08-2006, 11:25 PM

Regardless of which thread it was posted in, funny how angry people can get when the truth is spoken. Somebody needed to say it...it's going on right here in our little "open-minded" community. Regarding the banning of snowboarders from Mad River, I finally heard this lame excuse for the umpteenth time the other day "the snowboarders brought it on themselves" - of course referring to the "colorful language" directed at Betsy Pratt by a group of lesser primates years ago. But ask yourself this - is that any different than if she had been verbally assaulted by say, some african americans, and decided to ban all of THEM from skiing at MRG, due to the actions of a few?? We need a Rosa Parks to get up here and get on the single chair with a snowboard and refuse to get off.

1) Xenophobia means fear of foreigners - how is MRG guilty of that?

2) Snowboarders choose to use that particular snowriding tool - they weren't born with it on their feet. Therefore, your racism analogy is horribly flawed. Snowboarders are 100% welcome at MRG, as long as they don't use their snowboards. Maybe you should start protesting at the 7-11 b/c they don't let people in w/o shoes. It's a slap in the face to barefoot people everywhere!

smootharc
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe you should start protesting at the 7-11 b/c they don't let people in w/o shoes. It's a slap in the face to barefoot people everywhere!

....hey....it's not the barefoot part with me, it's that my toes are just plain UGLY..... :lol:

And me IQ is good.....causebe I figgered out "resahcevaw" is wavechaser backspellworded....

And re: The Snowboards at MRG (and Alta, Taos, Deer Valley) debate , I'm spooling up Sonny and Cher's "And the beat goes on" in my CD, and leaving it on repeat play all day long.....

noski
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
And re: The Snowboards at MRG (and Alta, Taos, Deer Valley) debate , I'm spooling up Sonny and Cher's "And the beat goes on" in my CD, and leaving it on repeat play all day long.....

How about Buddy Holly- "That'll Be The Day"? Or Cheap Trick- "I Want You to Want Me" Next....?

smootharc
01-09-2006, 02:31 PM

How about Buddy Holly- "That'll Be The Day"? Or Cheap Trick- "I Want You to Want Me" Next....?

And probably a dozen more....but the once great mind can't seem to find them at the moment....

Tin Woodsman
01-09-2006, 02:44 PM
You Can't Always Get What You Want

noski
01-09-2006, 02:45 PM

And probably a dozen more....but the once great mind can't seem to find them at the moment....
Aw come on, Smootharc..... think! Think! "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by, ironically, War.

Treehugger
01-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I love snowboarding. I love Mad River Glen. I ski there, and snowboard elsewhere.

01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
I love snowboarding. I love Mad River Glen. I ski there, and snowboard elsewhere.
The voice of reason speaks. Welcome, Treehugger!

smootharc
01-09-2006, 04:35 PM

Aw come on, Smootharc..... think! Think! "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by, ironically, War.

All right, all right....here's one to be sung by a drunk boarder at a karaoke bar at 1:45am.....it's....oh my, my age is showing, by Bread....

From "Look What You've Done"

You have taken the heart of me
And left just a part of me,
And look, look, look what you’ve done.
Well, you took all the best of me,
So come get the rest of me,
And look back, finish what you’ve begun.

And with that, I'm done...over and out....

:lol:

Treehugger
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM

All right, all right....here's one to be sung by a drunk boarder at a karaoke bar at 1:45am.....it's....oh my, my age is showing, by Bread....

What about Willie Nelson - Heartaches of a Fool?

Lostone
01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
snowboard v Mad River Glen thing, over and over and... :roll:

But when you start bringing in country music... :x

resahcevaw
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
It's only over and over becuase of MRG...the rest of the open-minded world has already moved on.
And you don't "have to" read it...you "choose to"...it's like bugs leaping into a fire...they can't look away and can't stop themselves. The beauty and tragedy of the internet forum. :-)

EDIT - ...and look what the two most viewed and replied to topics in the MRG forum are...lotsa leaping bugs!

Tin Woodsman
01-09-2006, 09:22 PM
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=14

resahcevaw
01-09-2006, 11:01 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a drunk SKIER from northern New Hampshire, who competres on the World Cup tour and does interviews on 60 Minutes?? :wink: :wink:

djspookman
01-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm with treeskiier on this, I ski/board/tele. I'm very diverse in my snowsports, therefore I ski/tele at MRG, and do everything else everywhere else (besides MRG, Taos, Alta, and Deer Valley of course) What's so wrong about it? If you really want to ride it, I suggest you invest in a good lighting system and hike it at night and ride down (like many people have before) or, hike it at night, camp out up top, and ride down at dawn.

There are plenty of places where certain things are not allowed. Like I mentioned in another post on the same topic, what about all those people who have big SUVs who aren't allowed to park in compact car parking spaces, or the vertically challenged kids who aren't tall enough to ride the rides at Disney World?

My point is, MRG is privately owned (Co-op), and have every right to limit who they want there. If I were the owner(s) I wouldn't allow snowboarders either if everytime they got off the single they'd derail it. It makes perfect sense to me (as a sefety concern!)

Heck, I can't ski or ride at the Yellowstone Club in Montana, but you don't see me complaining! There are PLENTY of other options out there.

Dave

djspookman
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a drunk SKIER from northern New Hampshire, who competres on the World Cup tour and does interviews on 60 Minutes?? :wink: :wink:

good one! :)

dave

freeheel_skier
01-10-2006, 03:45 PM
My youngest brother, dare I say it snowboards! This is his primary choice of snow sliding for the past 8 yrs. When he wants to ski MRG he does just that. If he wants to hike and poach MRG he does so early in the season.

Next month we are going to Utah. We are hooking up with some friends who work out at the Canyons. When I mentioned road tripping, he said we have to go Alta. I said "yeh but no boards, we can just ski the Bird again this year". He was cool with that but still wants to knock off Alta. So what is he doing.....bringing his ski boots with him too! :P

smootharc
01-10-2006, 07:00 PM
My youngest brother, dare I say it snowboards! This is his primary choice of snow sliding for the past 8 yrs. When he wants to ski MRG he does just that. If he wants to hike and poach MRG he does so early in the season.

Next month we are going to Utah. We are hooking up with some friends who work out at the Canyons. When I mentioned road tripping, he said we have to go Alta. I said "yeh but no boards, we can just ski the Bird again this year". He was cool with that but still wants to knock off Alta. So what is he doing.....bringing his ski boots with him too! :P

Boarders poaching the Glen....

http://forums.alpinezone.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Mad-River-Valley-Oct-28-2005&id=mrg_4396&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://forums.alpinezone.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Mad-River-Valley-Oct-28-2005&id=mrg_4400&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Some shots I took October 28th from Route 17 after that big dump. They were hootin' and hollering....

resahcevaw
01-10-2006, 07:59 PM
1) Xenophobia means fear of foreigners - how is MRG guilty of that?

2) Snowboarders choose to use that particular snowriding tool - they weren't born with it on their feet. Therefore, your racism analogy is horribly flawed. Snowboarders are 100% welcome at MRG, as long as they don't use their snowboards. Maybe you should start protesting at the 7-11 b/c they don't let people in w/o shoes. It's a slap in the face to barefoot people everywhere!

From Merriam-Webster: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign...get it?

The posts I am seeing here continue to amuse me and prove my point. People bending arguments in their favor and then accusing me of doing the same. All kinds of ratinalizations going on about why such elitist and exclusionary policies are OK. "I ski / tele / snowboard and do my boarding elsewhere" - good, how does that change anything? People avoiding the POINT of what I am saying and instead trying to prove I am somehow mistaken or stupid. Acting like kids caught with their hand in the cookie jar..."I didn't do it, I swear!" You are all backing up exactly what I thought about the general line of reasoning going on at MRG...closed-minded and scared of change and people who may be different. Spare me the "it's not you who are banned, it's your snowboard" comments too...we all know it is "snowboarders" that are not wanted in your little world. BP may not be there any more, but the co-op is her alter-ego and still living off her one encounter with a few out of many who happened to use "colorful language " with her. The "racism analogy" was only to make the point that a policy was enforced against an entire group of people due to the actions of a VERY few...capiche (that means, understand)? "Snowboarders are 100% welcome at MRG, as long as they don't use their snowboards" is the biggest twisting of reason I may have ever heard. Funny how MRG can have a policy that is so far in the minority among ski areas it isn't even funny, and then react to those that question it with such shock that ANYONE would dare do so. You think I have "disrespect" and "a bad attitude" towards all of you don't you? I didn't feel that way for a long time. I figured over time that MRG would move into the present like 99.9% of other ski areas. But as time went by, the more I realized that "disrespect" and "a bad attitude" were exactly what MRG skiers have towards snowboarders, it's NEVER going to change, it's embarrasing to our community (there is a big world out there folks), and the people who hold these views cling to them so strongly that they will say and do almost anything to try to prevent themselves and anyone else who may be listening from changing. I can hear the "spin" wheels grinding away already...don't bother...nobody in the real world wants to hear it.

And as for the comment "snowboarders derail the single chair" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...gimme a break!! You guys will say ANYTHING to defend your little clique, what a joke!

And one other thing - for those of you who decry this argument as "old and tired" and "nobody wants to hear it" - look what two of the most viewed and replied to topics are in this forum. That's right kiddos. It's like bugs leaping into the bright fire, they can't help themselves even though it hurts...lotsa leaping bugs around here!

01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
And one other thing - for those of you who decry this argument as "old and tired" and "nobody wants to hear it" - look what two of the most viewed and replied to topics are in this forum. That's right kiddos. It's like bugs leaping into the bright fire, they can't help themselves even though it hurts...lotsa leaping bugs around here!
I think the analogy of a train wreck is more appropriate... :roll:

skibum1321
01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
They are privately owned, they chose a policy so shut up and live with it. You're not going to change anything by bitching and moaning.

Abe Froman
01-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice epistle! Very long winded I must say. :D I understand the whole argument. If you don't like it too bad. There is nothing you can do about it! Maybe call the ACLU? :lol: :shock:

Train wreck most definitely!

Lostone
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I ask all to refrain from personal attacks.

Please debate the topic and not the posters.

Thanx for your support. 8)

skibum1321
01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
This seems like the work of Beswift to me.

Abe Froman
01-11-2006, 12:10 PM
If you want to read something interesting on the skiing vs. snowboarding thing, read the intro section of Feb. Powder Mag. It is written by the editor Tom Bie.

Tin Woodsman
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Naaah. I know that guy's M.O. and this isn't it. There would be a lot more personal invective and self-aggrandization involved if it were that jmoke.

Oh, and he wouldn't be around enough to reach a post count of as much as 5. I'd make sure of that.

freeheel_skier
01-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I have a pass at SB. I ski MRG about a dozen times a year with my friends who are shareholders. I say let 'em do what they want. If they allowed snowboarders what would we have to complain about? Maybe snowmaking and the weather? How about the fact that the Paradise deli has been out of tomatoes for over a week now! :P

Abe Froman
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM

Nope. Don't know beswift.

Big Game
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
My Fellow snowboarders --- more than likely, you will die with the snowboard ban @ MRG in place. Getting all pissy at skiers who are welcomed their won't do anything but get you all frustrated and angry. And it is also counterproductive. MRG has every legal right to ban snow boarders. The only way to change this ban is to change the attitudes skiers have towards us. Name calling will just lead those in power to believe we are truly a moral hazard and therefore, their ban on our presence, in their minds will be completely justified. Rather, those in power have to identify with us. They have to become outraged that we're not allowed to do what they can do. They will only become outraged if they care about us. They will only care about us if we're cute and/or likeable, or if they could see that many of us want the same thing they do --- challenging terrain, no-frills environment, relaxed atmosphere, something outside the mainstream.

The argument that MRG's snowboard ban is a "discrimination" on par with racial discrimination is as stupid as the argument snowboarders would derail the single. It is painful to see these competeing idioticies play out. MRG does not want snowbaorders. They have the legal right to exclude snowboarders.

However, just because it's legal, don't make it right.

smootharc
01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
How about the fact that the Paradise deli has been out of tomatoes for over a week now! :P

....that's it. I denounce the valley.....and shall leave permanently for K-mart, where you can get ripe tomatoes 24/7. Ciao, all !

Strat
01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
idioticies

Uh, you're not helping our case much here BG. Just thought I'd let you know.

resahcevaw
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Is the Paradise REALLY out of tomatoes...or do they just not let tomatoes in the store anymore...cause, you know...they're so...colorful. 8)

And...will you people get over the racism thing. I am just making the point of how wrong it is to make a policy banning a whole group of people based on the actions of a few...due to the oft repeated rationale by you folks that "the snowboarders brought the ban on themselves" - referring to the original lesser primates who used curse words (oh no) with B.P. YEARS ago and kicked this whole thing off.

Yes - we realize y'all are never gonna change...thus the attitude you are receiving from more open-minded people...get used to it if you are going to live in the dark ages forever...like so many have said here - "it's our choice and private property and we can do it if we want to".

And Strat - nobody is hurting any cause...I tried being nice and showing the "good" side of us OOC snowboarders for many moons and then it became clear to me that this little clique was permanent, so I'm giving the the requisite S*** for it, that's all.

And the bugs continue to leap!
:D :D :D :D

Abe Froman
01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Train Wreck! :shock:

resahcevaw
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Train Wreck! :shock:

Wow...how original..did you think of that all by yourself?

Check your snow, it's all running down the river tonight...into the Sugarbush snowmaking pond. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abe Froman
01-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Never said it was original. I stole it! Bugs and fire? Nope! It's just a Train Wreck! :shock:

Big Game
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
idioticies

It's a word. I think. Oh, come on, give me some creative license.

noski
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
idioticies

It's a word. I think. Oh, come on, give me some creative license.

"....S-iiiiingin' in the rain...., just s-iiiiiingin' in the rain.....
....What a gl-oooorious feelin'....."

of course there is the all time classic, "It's Not Easy Being Green"...

resahcevaw
01-12-2006, 07:22 PM
MRG / MRV C of C...same thing...I thought the C of C's job was to INCREASE revenue and opportunities in the Valley, not stand behind a group that wants to eliminate certain people and activities and drive their money (30%-40% of snowsports $ in the USA) AWAY from the valley?

resahcevaw
01-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Bugs and fire? Nope!

Yeah sure buddy...look what two threads in this forum have the most views and most replies...admit it...you can't stand it, you can't look away...and you continue to jump into the fire.

No wonder your face is so red and your french fries are over-cooked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eatskisleep
01-12-2006, 08:44 PM

eatskisleep
01-12-2006, 08:45 PM
resahcevaw
Was that you? lol
Later,
eatskisleep

resahcevaw
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Nope...but bravo for that! Is hcore a cycling forum? I read some of the posts in that thread :shock: ...and these folks here think I'm being harsh...ha!

noski
01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
MRG / MRV C of C...same thing...I thought the C of C's job was to INCREASE revenue and opportunities in the Valley, not stand behind a group that wants to eliminate certain people and activities and drive their money (30%-40% of snowsports $ in the USA) AWAY from the valley? Noski is just singin' about the weather, rg, I don't participate in any winter sports outside of skating and sledding. As for the CofC, it does not direct people how to run their business, it offers the tools for businesses to help themselves. Some use the tools to their maximum advantage, some just leave them in the shed. MRG and the CofC are not the same thing, but with SB are partners on the same team. You can get alot further along when all the oars are pulling together instead of being used to whomp each other out of the way.

You can xc ski at Blueberry Lake with your dog, beside you or pulling you, but not at Ole's. So skiijoring is allowed at one and not the other, but they complement each other nicely.

Abe Froman
01-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Bugs and fire? Nope!

Yeah sure buddy...look what two threads in this forum have the most views and most replies...admit it...you can't stand it, you can't look away...and you continue to jump into the fire.

No wonder your face is so red and your french fries are over-cooked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRAIN WRECK! :shock:

resahcevaw
01-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Noski is just singin' about the weather...

Sure Susan...nice dodge...at least now I know what the MRV C of C is really all about...you're doing great!

resahcevaw
01-13-2006, 05:01 PM

Wow...you are one intelligent order of fries. Have a nice life in the bubble Abraham.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

freeheel_skier
01-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Wow...you are one intelligent order of fries. Have a nice life in the bubble Abraham.

Now, Now! Leave poor Frylock alone. Personal attacks will get you no where!

Froman are you an Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan? Funny cartoon!

Xcreamus
01-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Sure Susan...nice dodge...at least now I know what the MRV C of C is really all about...you're doing great!

Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar. :roll:

resahcevaw
01-14-2006, 06:21 PM
And sometimes a snow snob is only a snow snob. :P

Tin Woodsman
01-14-2006, 06:24 PM
And sometimes a snow snob is only a snow snob. :P

My friend - you either stop being stupidly confrontational on an issue where you're obviously getting no traction, or consider your days here numbered. If you want to advance your point of view with well thought out ideas, you're more than welcome to do so. If you want to just hurl crap against the wall and see what sticks, that's not going to fly here, amigo.

Abe Froman
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM

Now, Now! Leave poor Frylock alone. Personal attacks will get you no where!

Froman are you an Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan? Funny cartoon!

No, Not really. I just like the avitar. The way I like posting Train Wreck :shock: Only to check back and see that resahcevaw is still annoyed.

Thank God it is snowing!

resahcevaw
01-14-2006, 07:19 PM
No, Not really. I just like the avitar. The way I like posting Train Wreck :shock: Only to check back and see that resahcevaw is still annoyed.

Thank God it is snowing!

Annoyed? No...amused, yes! As apparently you are too!

resahcevaw
01-14-2006, 07:28 PM
My friend - you either stop being stupidly confrontational on an issue where you're obviously getting no traction, or consider your days here numbered. If you want to advance your point of view with well thought out ideas, you're more than welcome to do so. If you want to just hurl crap against the wall and see what sticks, that's not going to fly here, amigo.

So, let me understand this correctly...I state my feelings about MRG. And BTW I have the same right to do that as MRG does to ban people from their their private property, following most MRG'ers reasoning. Then, because they don't like me calling a spade a spade, other posters refer to me as a train wreck or stupid, including yourself...and you threaten me with "your days here are numbered"...and I'm hurling crap?

And I ain't your amigo bucko...far from it. :wink:

I gotta admit...you people used to piss me off...now you make me laugh. :lol: Imagine that!

Tin Woodsman
01-14-2006, 07:54 PM

So, let me understand this correctly...I state my feelings about MRG. And BTW I have the same right to do that as MRG does to ban people from their their private property, following most MRG'ers reasoning. Then, because they don't like me calling a spade a spade, other posters refer to me as a train wreck or stupid, including yourself...and you threaten me with "your days here are numbered"...and I'm hurling crap?

And I ain't your amigo bucko...far from it. :wink:

I gotta admit...you people used to piss me off...now you make me laugh. :lol: Imagine that!
True enough - you have every right to post your opinion. You did just that. Multiple times. When you realized you weren't getting any traction whatsoever, you resorted to name-calling and conspiracy theories. The train wreck comment was clearly directed at the content of this thread, not you as an individual. So I guess we can add the development of a bizarre persecution complex to the list too.

In short, this thread has moved from a discussion of a big issue w/r/t MRG to an exercise in flinging dog poo at the walls and anyone who disagrees with you. I think it's time to go night night on this one.