PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Breakfast in the MRV?

Talisman
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
As an occasional MRV visitor I haven't found an early morning breakfast spot in the MRV since Norm's and the place next to Mad Mountain Tavern closed. I find this odd as most VT ski towns have at least one early morning breakfast place to eat and still make lift opening at 8:00 AM.

ski_resort_observer
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
For sit down places there is Jay's in the same complex as the Waitsfield Post Office. Never eaten there personally. I like the Waitsfield Inn, across from Inverness Sports. Open to the public, standard prices and owned and operated by a former Sugarbush employee and her family. A popular place closer to the mountain is Peppers but I don't think they open untill 8AM.

There are a few of great take out places. The Warren Store Deli is renown for their breakfast burritoes and other stuff. The Smallest Donut Co. has great bagels and baked goods. Both of these places you can hang out and eat there. In the summer the Warren Store has a nice outside deck. Also, just down the access rd from the Lincoln Peak base area is Paradise Deli. Good take out breakfast stuff, run by nice people.

I think, hopefully KingM will chime in here, the Golden Lion serves breakfast to the public. They have a nice cozy room with tables.

KingM
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Actually, our breakfasts are for the inn guests, as we just don't have enough room to open up to the larger public. If you're a AZ/skiMRV friend, I'll happily make an exception for you if you'll give me a heads up, of course.

Having said that, we open early enough to get guests to the mountain for the first lifts, which is usually 7:30 on the weekends, but we'll open earlier for the ski race crowds who have to be on the mountain early.

noski
01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
For sit down places there is Jay's in the same complex as the Waitsfield Post Office. Never eaten there personally. I like the Waitsfield Inn, across from Inverness Sports. Open to the public, standard prices and owned and operated by a former Sugarbush employee and her family. A popular place closer to the mountain is Peppers but I don't think they open untill 8AM.

There are a few of great take out places. The Warren Store Deli is renown for their breakfast burritoes and other stuff. The Smallest Donut Co. has great bagels and baked goods. Both of these places you can hang out and eat there. In the summer the Warren Store has a nice outside deck. Also, just down the access rd from the Lincoln Peak base area is Paradise Deli. Good take out breakfast stuff, run by nice people.

I think, hopefully KingM will chime in here, the Golden Lion serves breakfast to the public. They have a nice cozy room with tables.
Gee SRO you might be ahead of Lostone here on misinformation. You need to get to town more often....
Jay's is good- (you got that one right). Open 7am Waitsfield Inn does not have a public restaurant. Dave Young who was there has moved onto the former Bass location and does serve a hearty breakfast.Country Flair is the new name for the former Bass Restaurant and served BF only M-F 8-noonSugarbush Inn has buffet BF every day from 7-10amEasy Street serves beginning 8amVery Small Donut has take out, as does Irasville Country Store and Village Grocery, with ICS and VG and Paradise Deli serving pretty early and tasty breakfast sandwiches or burritos I will edit this as I think of more.

ski_resort_observer
01-06-2006, 09:10 AM

Gee SRO you might be ahead of Lostone here on misinformation. You need to get to town more often....
Jay's is good- (you got that one right). Open 7am Waitsfield Inn does not have a public restaurant. Dave Young who was there has moved onto the former Bass location and does serve a hearty breakfast.Country Flair is the new name for the former Bass Restaurant and served BF only M-F 8-noonSugarbush Inn has buffet BF every day from 7-10amEasy Street serves beginning 8amVery Small Donut has take out, as does Irasville Country Store and Village Grocery, with ICS and VG and Paradise Deli serving pretty early and tasty breakfast sandwiches or burritos I will edit this as I think of more.

Just trying to help...I was only offering suggestions..not a list of everyplace there is. Dave's mother used to work for me, I did not know they were out of the Waitsfield Inn and were the people who too over the Bass. The SI buffett is great but very pricey. All my other suggestions were correst...right? Wow, your one tough teacher. I did not mention the Country Store or Village Grocery as they are just gas stations with a deli. I did not mention Cumberlands Farms, Velero or Mac's for the same reason although Velero has good muffins and coffee. Your right I do need to get to the valley more often and less often on this forum.

Talisman
01-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that jay's opened at 8:00 AM, but that may have been in the past.

freeheel_skier
01-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Go see Terry at the Paradise deli. His breakfast sandwiches kick a$$!