PDA

View Full Version : What if.....

ski_resort_observer
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
You were owner of Sugarbush and Donald Trump approached you with an offer. He wants to pay you for the private use of the North Lynx lift every Tuesday and Thursday for the entire season. No public access to that lift on those days, even if he, his family or guests are not using it.
People can hike up the trails and the Slidebrook tours have access.

He offers you 2 million cash for the service. Do you acept his offer or do you tell him to take a hike? 2 million can buy alot of snowmaking.

Strat
01-04-2006, 04:38 PM
That would require running the North Lynx to achieve...

andyzee
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
No brainer, the answer is no. I can't stand the sight of DT

TwinTipTele
01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
You were owner of Sugarbush and Donald Trump approached you with an offer. He wants to pay you for the private use of the North Lynx lift every Tuesday and Thursday for the entire season. No public access to that lift on those days, even if he, his family or guests are not using it.

He offers you 2 million cash for the service. Do you acept his offer or do you tell him to take a hike? 2 million can buy alot of snowmaking.

You'd have to say yes - it would allow you to either freeze or lower day ticket and season pass prices... or buy a bunch of HDK snowmaking guns and go crazy.

Then... whenever the guns came on... all the snowmakers could yell (in unison) "YOU'RE FIRED!"

-TTT

ski_resort_observer
01-04-2006, 06:37 PM

You'd have to say yes - it would allow you to either freeze or lower day ticket and season pass prices... or buy a bunch of HDK snowmaking guns and go crazy.

Then... whenever the guns came on... all the snowmakers could yell (in unison) "YOU'RE FIRED!"

-TTT

:lol:

Lostone
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
First thought is that we would need to study it and see how many people use North Lynx. Not sure that is known as it isn't a scanned lift.

Then I think for a minute (Yep! That's about my limit! and say, "Close that lift!" 2 days? 2 million? Can't be worth that much. :wink:

Now... How about Super Bravo? This is where it gets interesting. :wink:

andyzee
01-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Now... How about Super Bravo? This is where it gets interesting. :wink:

Wanna just sell him the mountain :?

Tin Woodsman
01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Given the lack of traffic mid-week and the caveats you laid out, I'm not sure how they could reject that offer. I'd try to keep it under wraps though - DT is a pretty controversial figure and thatg's not necessarily the kind of press you want, especially in the MRV.

mikec13
01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Sounds like it is a done deal! When will the press release be out?

:P

summitchallenger
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM

In essence, they are already doing this with GMVS at Inverness. So why not? IMHO North Lynx is good for morning turns, but other than that, nothing really exciting. Now there might be a fistfight if the request was for Heaven's Gate or Castlerock :lol:

andyzee
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Damn, and I was considering going up there on the 14th! :(

random_ski_guy
01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Where do we sign, this is a steal for SB and its loyal skiers.

Tin Woodsman
01-05-2006, 01:22 AM
In essence, they are already doing this with GMVS at Inverness. So why not? IMHO North Lynx is good for morning turns, but other than that, nothing really exciting. Now there might be a fistfight if the request was for Heaven's Gate or Castlerock :lol:

Welllll, yes and no. Had the terrain pod above Inverness been developed, maybe it would be a similar argument, but it wasn't. As a consequence, North isn't nearly as good as South at spreading out the traffic. When conditions merit a more E exposure and lower elevation, its frustrating to not have that option at all. At least at South, you'd have Gate House and even Castlerock.

smootharc
01-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Had the terrain pod above Inverness been developed, maybe it would be a similar argument, but it wasn't. As a consequence, North isn't nearly as good as South at spreading out the traffic.

Is that a doable option still, or is there too much red tape. Agree that it would be a heck of a pod, as was touched upon in another thread.

skibum1321
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm sold. They can just tell people that it's on wind hold those days. They do that with so many lifts already....