PDA

View Full Version : How are things holding up?

summitchallenger
12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
I was :x when seeing ^&(*&(&(* r^&* last night...where did that come from??? :o Last forecast I had seen said all snow.

How is the skiing holding up there? Did the 'bush open today? I opted not to go to Burke...they lost a lot of snow and closed a fair # of runs to allow for recovery. :( Some in the forecast tonight and tomorrow.

At least I have two weeks left to get in some more skiing, but man, this weather stinks.

I'm sure Noski was working to get other activities going for those in the Valley.

noski
12-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I was :x when seeing ^&(*&(&(* r^&* last night...where did that come from??? :o Last forecast I had seen said all snow.

How is the skiing holding up there? Did the 'bush open today? I opted not to go to Burke...they lost a lot of snow and closed a fair # of runs to allow for recovery. :( Some in the forecast tonight and tomorrow.

At least I have two weeks left to get in some more skiing, but man, this weather stinks.

I'm sure Noski was working to get other activities going for those in the Valley.
If there is any silver lining in the yucky cloud, the snow coming tonight will help immensely. Though there are overnight visitors here and arriving, it really picks up beginning with Weds. arrivals. If we can hold off the r*** thru the week that would be awful nice. Temps forecast to be warm though. 'Twould make nice Spring conditions.... Sugarbush showing movies for kids and adults a couple nights this week. Indoor ice skating (with skate rental) nearby, sledding should still be fine. You can see on webcam at www.madrivervalley.com that we did not lose our snow- just uh, building a good base.

noski
12-26-2005, 02:19 PM
check webcam www.madrivervalley.com Snow is falling- heavy and wet right now at 32 degrees, temps are dropping. Check in the morning and see how we fared!

Lostone
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
As for how the bush is holding up, skiing was pretty good today.

There was no visibility, but the snow was soft and really nice. :)

I fear for tomorrow if this snow doesn't happen. :?

I had heard it was to start around 1:00. We had a little snow around 2:00, but there is still nothing on my car. :(

walknet2
12-26-2005, 09:00 PM
The skiing today was far better than I ever would have suspected.Was there from 8:00am to 12:30 pm, no crowds. Spring type conditions, although the nautral trails at lower elevations was not great, the snow was rotten and you would break through, very tricky, cover still remains good though. Never skied the high elevation naturals and did not observe anyone on ripcord to gauge if it was the same. The manmade trails upper and lower were great. Had to ski by braille due to viz at times, thanks to gortex I stayed dry. The very top section of grinder closed but able to jump in at cut-off from Jester and it was fine from there on. I heard FIS was closed probably due to same icing issue.

Looking forward to the snow, have an inch already here in S.Duxbury, VT.
Ski Ya!!!
.))
((.
.))
((.
.))

noski
12-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I think we got gyped in the snow totals. Northern Maine got ours and theirs too.

ski_resort_observer
12-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I think we got gyped in the snow totals. Northern Maine got ours and theirs too.

Yup, 24-36" up in northern Maine

After a quick look thru the Snocountry reports(take that anyway you want) it looks like the Bush is leading the way in New England as far as % of terrain open. Applause for the mountain opps people at the Bush. :D