PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Weather

noski
12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Keep a weather eye to the sky for Christmas Day and overnight. Could be nothing, could be something. (This type of weather forecasting is pretty easy, after all) Weather.com is flashing red at me, and Roger Hill hinting to something big- but may be too far into Atlantic for us, hitting western Vermont/NEK instead. Dance, Lostone. Draw attention, wouldya?

djspookman
12-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Keep a weather eye to the sky for Christmas Day and overnight. Could be nothing, could be something. (This type of weather forecasting is pretty easy, after all) Weather.com is flashing red at me, and Roger Hill hinting to something big- but may be too far into Atlantic for us, hitting western Vermont/NEK instead. Dance, Lostone. Draw attention, wouldya?

well if thats the case, I'll be bringing my skiis to my grandmothers to make some runs down the field since I can't make it to the slopes!

dave

Lostone
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
* Dances. *

* Is asked by passer bys to never do that again. * :cry:

Sometimes attention isn't just ... what is needed. :roll: :wink:

KingM
12-22-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm nervous about this one, though. Isn't it supposed to be rain all the way into mid-Vermont? After last year's serious of body blows this time of year I'd rather take no precip than a 50/50 rain event.

noski
12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm nervous about this one, though. Isn't it supposed to be rain all the way into mid-Vermont? After last year's serious of body blows this time of year I'd rather take no precip than a 50/50 rain event. I am not thinking the r*** will be a factor. Everything is looking like snow. I hope my hunch is right. Off and on snow now thru Monday with different systems moving through. Sleet may be involved, and Christmas eve may see a little freezing r***- but sunday.... ah, remains to be seen. Tell you alot better on Monday. :wink:

Big Game
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
nothing for nothing, but I'm kind of glad the forecast is on the DL...if my memory serves me right, the big x-mas storm in 02 was off everyones radar until the day before it hit...

noski
12-23-2005, 07:50 AM
nothing for nothing, but I'm kind of glad the forecast is on the DL...if my memory serves me right, the big x-mas storm in 02 was off everyones radar until the day before it hit... I'm telling ya, this Christmas night thing could be the sleeper storm of the season....(hope it's not a snoozer....)

noski
12-23-2005, 12:20 PM
nothing for nothing, but I'm kind of glad the forecast is on the DL...if my memory serves me right, the big x-mas storm in 02 was off everyones radar until the day before it hit... I'm telling ya, this Christmas night thing could be the sleeper storm of the season....(hope it's not a snoozer....)
edit- moving more into Monday....Roger Hill saying periods of heavy snow across higher terrain....

Big Game
12-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Looks like elevation storm....hills could get whalloped

KingM
12-23-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't know. It still makes me nervous:

edit: They changed graphic: no longer relevant

Lostone
12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
I'd like it to snow, and I'd like that during the day on Sunday.

I have to work on Monday.

Thankyewverrrymuch! 8)

:lol:

noski
12-25-2005, 07:43 AM
If we can make it thru part one Sunday late/overnight, we may be well rewarded Monday....or not.

From Roger Hill:
"Warm air too much a good thing and rain the focus for first part of next storm system as storm cuts inland instead of off the coast.

Backlash Monday afternoon into early Tuesday with elongated storm system. Snows could be moderate at times especially for the mountains with potential for several inches of accumulation.

Another Nor'easter potentially Thursday into Friday.

Temperatures will run near to above normal next week. Rain snow line problematic."

KingM
12-25-2005, 01:45 PM
We've had such great weather in December. I guess it was only a matter of time before we had a NCP event. :?

smootharc
12-26-2005, 08:33 AM
....or minor flesh wounds....as the result of the non-snow sky droppings ?

MRG site suggests a snow storm later today, but they've closed down all but Practice and Callie's.

Perfect vacation week timing....ouch...