PDA

View Full Version : Castlerock open

ski_it
12-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Looks like Castlerock was opened up today... Any reports?
-Jim

Treeskier
12-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I hear if not today very very soon...to be open for Friday

Lostone
12-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I certainly hope it didn't open! :cry:

I had to leave around 1:00. It was closed last I'd looked.

I'd heard of the possibility for tomorrow, but... but... But . NOT TODAY!! :cry:

Anyone else know? :?

andyzee
12-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Trail report is saying it's open: http://www.sugarbush.com/liftsandtrails.aspx

Lostone
12-22-2005, 02:02 PM
:D Today was its opening day. :D

Nobody enjoyed it.

I asked a bunch of people and they all said it was no fun. One even said he wanted his money back.

I'm not a great bump skier, so I don't do Castlerock all that often. But on the day it opens...? Not really bumps, but a lot of snow!

3 runs Middle Earth.
1 run Castlerock Run to Cotillion.
1 run Middle Earth.
2 runs Castlerock Run to Troll Road. (Playing in the powder! :) )

My legs are sooooo cooked! :!:

Nobody enjoyed it. :wink:

Edited because my number of runs was wrong! :roll:

andyzee
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Any pics ?

Lostone
12-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Uh... Yeah... 72 of them. :roll:

I'll be posting a few of them with a trip report within the next 2 days... or so... :oops:

This kind of day deserves a report. :wink:

smootharc
12-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Uh... Yeah... 72 of them. :roll:

I'll be posting a few of them with a trip report within the next 2 days... or so... :oops:

This kind of day deserves a report. :wink:

I know there was some discussion of a pic part of this site....is one up ?

ahm
12-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Rock skied fantastic day 1. Rumble in great shape, CR and LCR just super, ME nice as well. 11 runs in all on the rock. Knee deep on rumble first couple runs, even deeper in parts. Big rock blown in nice for launching. Got rumble at ~ 9:20 am. LCR was some of the best I'd seen it in years. Just big piles and you could just fly into and off of em. Huge day overall (37,000 verts was the total). Lift line in incredible shape, lower part just chocked full of piles and fresh. The combo of spills and lower paradise was also excellent, mall and twist skied super as well. Grabbed a full CR on the 3:35 pm lift--a bit harder at the top, but lower CR still skied great (even on the 37,000 vert leg, which was close to toast!). As lostone said, a day like this one deserves pics and a report. There were very few people, never a line, very very choice!! The 60 min IPAs in the Tav tasted pretty sweet after this day. Thanks to Hardy for givin' it the go for Thurs. Also, kudos to the trail crew for catting parts of the rock (this was a huge bonus in terms of maintaining the snow (Cotillion appeared totally catted under the fluff (maybe ~ 10 inches deep). ME was catted virtually to the jaws (or so it appeared and was told). ME catted up top as well on the run in. This should help it hold up. Even heard a cat was on LL in parts. Also great blow down clearing effort by patrol--lots of work on one part of rumble. All in all, just an awesome day and thanks to a gang buster effort by the hill staff...........................IT SKIED LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHM

Strat
12-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Rock skied fantastic day 1. Rumble in great shape, CR and LCR just super, ME nice as well. 11 runs in all on the rock. Knee deep on rumble first couple runs, even deeper in parts. Big rock blown in nice for launching. Got rumble at ~ 9:20 am. LCR was some of the best I'd seen it in years. Just big piles and you could just fly into and off of em. Huge day overall (37,000 verts was the total). Lift line in incredible shape, lower part just chocked full of piles and fresh. The combo of spills and lower paradise was also excellent, mall and twist skied super as well. Grabbed a full CR on the 3:35 pm lift--a bit harder at the top, but lower CR still skied great (even on the 37,000 vert leg, which was close to toast!). As lostone said, a day like this one deserves pics and a report. There were very few people, never a line, very very choice!! The 60 min IPAs in the Tav tasted pretty sweet after this day. Thanks to Hardy for givin' it the go for Thurs. Also, kudos to the trail crew for catting parts of the rock (this was a huge bonus in terms of maintaining the snow (Cotillion appeared totally catted under the fluff (maybe ~ 10 inches deep). ME was catted virtually to the jaws (or so it appeared and was told). ME catted up top as well on the run in. This should help it hold up. Even heard a cat was on LL in parts. Also great blow down clearing effort by patrol--lots of work on one part of rumble. All in all, just an awesome day and thanks to a gang buster effort by the hill staff...........................IT SKIED LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHM
Welcome to the latest incarnation of online sugarbush chat AHM, glad to see that more and more of the old rsn'ers are making their way here...

Oh yeah, sounds like an excellent day too! 8)