PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be there Friday for the $5.50 day?

djspookman
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
So who's going? So far I've managed to drag my friend from Boston up, and my dad.. and it just so happens that the office is closed Friday so i'll be there too!:) I can't wait!

dave

Tin Woodsman
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll be there, along with the rest of the world.

djspookman
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
along with the rest of the world.

yeah.. but at least its cheap and not another day in the office!:) (not that it matters.. I have a pass-It sure beats the office though!)

dave

skibum1321
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I might be there -- still undecided.

ikkin
12-21-2005, 02:52 PM
i'll be there. with my pass and many cheap friends in tow. who cares if it's crowded...we'll all be outside! wooohooo!

Jim
12-21-2005, 04:18 PM
heading up tomorrow night with 3 friends.

Treeskier
12-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Heard is was so crowed that they where parking over flow in the Blue Tooth parking lot and that at North people where parking on German Flats road. Last year they had 4000 people and with the warm weather today they where expecting a lot more.

Also heard the wood chucks had pulled out the skies from the 60's and older. Hopefully they did not ski the trees out. But new snow tonight should help fill it in.

Lostone
12-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Don't know how I missed this one. :roll:

So I was there... working. :?

It was a kinda madhouse. :shock:

I only took two runs, both on Gatehouse, separated by a lot of giving directions and suggestions. I was out close to noon and was surprised how little time I spent in the singles' line.

And as people were leaving, I asked a lot of them how they liked it. I got 100% saying they had a great time. That goes for those who arrived and left during the first 3 hours of the day and those leaving at the end.

The weather was warm. The snow was nice, (and really incredible for this early.) and most people weren't really surprised to find it crowded. :wink:

So what are the coments from those who went?

Jim
12-24-2005, 12:26 PM
it was really crowded early, but then it faded out. we started off at mt. ellen and immediately took the slide brook over to the south side. it was less crowded there, but the castlerock chair always had a long line. the cover was spotty on a lot of trails and rocks were all over the mountain. didn't really venture into the trees that much, but you could tell they were fine. all in all it was a great day and the $5.50 lift ticket made it even better.

summitchallenger
12-26-2005, 10:54 AM
So it was good, yes? Burke was empty on Fri and Sat. Good snow as well, but now... :x

How is the bush holding up in this ^*&*(&(*&(*^(* weather?

noski
12-26-2005, 11:54 AM
So it was good, yes? Burke was empty on Fri and Sat. Good snow as well, but now... :x

How is the bush holding up in this ^*&*(&(*&(*^(* weather? Insanely busy on Friday. Very quiet on Saturday.