PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Trail Map

skibum1321
12-20-2005, 08:39 AM
I checked out the Interactive Trail Map for the first time today and wasn't all that impressed. Just for fun I was reading the description of some of my favorite trails. I noticed that every glade is described as "one of Sugarbush's newly defined wooded areas". Eden has been on the map for years, as have many of the others. I don't see how those are newly defined. Also, they aren't marked when you try to check what is open and closed. It seems like they should do this since they are trails at the resort.

Just checked the trail report and the glades aren't on there either. Anyone know why they wouldn't have them on the report?

smootharc
12-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I checked out the Interactive Trail Map for the first time today and wasn't all that impressed. Just for fun I was reading the description of some of my favorite trails. I noticed that every glade is described as "one of Sugarbush's newly defined wooded areas". Eden has been on the map for years, as have many of the others. I don't see how those are newly defined. Also, they aren't marked when you try to check what is open and closed. It seems like they should do this since they are trails at the resort.

Just checked the trail report and the glades aren't on there either. Anyone know why they wouldn't have them on the report?

I think Jay's with the quicktime hemet cam clips of various runs rocks in the interactive category of trail maps.

madskier6
12-20-2005, 08:57 AM
They started that last year. SB's "newly defined" approach is that skiers can ski the glades no matter what the conditions (so they are neither open or closed) but there are no "skier services" in the glades and you ski at your own risk. They are technically not "on the map" and not included in the trail count. They posted these new big green signs at the entrance to each glade spelling all this out and warning of the dangers. So while the glades are there and you're free to ski them, they are not "official trails."

Strat
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Personally I'm not that thrilled with the interactive trail map all around... just does not compare to the user friendliness and clarity of the Stowe and Jay maps...

Lostone
12-20-2005, 08:46 PM
What is the interactive missing that Stowe and Jay have?

Actually I thought someone was going to complain about Heaven's Gate being permanantly closed. It has been closed, on the map, since last week. Now I know I've ridden that lift, but I always wonder about riding a closed lift. :shock: :lol:

Strat
12-21-2005, 07:18 AM
What is the interactive missing that Stowe and Jay have?

Actually I thought someone was going to complain about Heaven's Gate being permanantly closed. It has been closed, on the map, since last week. Now I know I've ridden that lift, but I always wonder about riding a closed lift. :shock: :lol:

Alright, just checked, Jay's is not quite as user friendly as I remember, but Stowe's is so easy to use... descripitions and visulatizations of closed lifts is a huge plus, and the moguls button is quite nice as well... clickable listing of trails is also a nice feature...

andyzee
12-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Take a look at Killington's interactive map and you'll appreciate this one :)

Strat
12-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Take a look at Killington's interactive map and you'll appreciate this one :)

Oh I know, Killington's is positively atrocious...