PDA

View Full Version : MRG Opening

summitchallenger
12-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Did anyone go yesterday?

How was it?

Mr MRG Jr
12-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, I didn't get out yesterday, and though I did sneak in a couple runs today, it seems in poor taste for the MRG employee to plug the conditions here. Instead here's the link to yesterday's ISR posting.

http://www.madriverglen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139&sid=cae4ca0ce481464a80697f619ff65e2c

smootharc
12-19-2005, 08:59 AM
....with, as mentioned the thin cover issue. Hit some sweet fresh moss, and looked with jealousy at Saturday's tracks. Found one ribbon untracked....got three turns in. No complaints.

Treeskier
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Interesting day. There was a lift line at 8:15 before it opened to only come down to find no line for the next two hours. The MT had been very skied by skiner/hikers the day before. Then at 10:30 someone opened the coralls and lots of people. Only to have them go away again till 12:30. The rest of day had all but no lines.

Lots of freshies to be found. But the MT did open and then close things all day. One note: in between the newly made bumps was bare ground in almost all natural trails, where at Sugarbush it was a lot more covered. I am thinking that since Sugarbush was open Friday and got skied in then got that 8 inches after closing that it helped to even out the terain/snow. Did get to be one of the first off Paridice jump before it was closed.