PDA

View Full Version : Demo Day Info??

madskier6
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know (or is it easy to find out) the specifics on this Saturday's demo day at North? In particular, I'm wondering which ski companies will be represented, what the terms of the demos will be (i.e. any charge at all?), hours to demo and similar info. I will be there and taking advantage of it regardless but I thought it would be good to know a little info. before I arrive at North on Saturday morning.

On a separate but related issue, I'm also wondering whether the Slidebrook Express will be open so that I might be able to try my favorite skis over at South. I'm assuming that it won't be open since it's still early season and wasn't open last weekend. Perhaps they'd open it up if we get a lot of snow from the storm that's forecasted for Thursday night/Friday. Wishful thinking, I know, but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Any inside info will be appreciated.

ski_resort_observer
12-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Call 1-800-53-SUGAR, ask to be transferred to the rental shop at Mt Ellen for more Demo Day Info. If Slidebrook is not open this weekend they will have a shuttle going back and forth between mountains.

bvibert
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
If you call and get more info please post your findings here..

madskier6
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
OK, here's the lowdown. Registration is from 7:30 to 12:30 on the second floor of the Mt. Ellen Base Lodge. The cost is $10 for the day. You have to have an i.d. and a credit card as security for taking out the skis.

You can take skis out between 8:00 and 2:30 and they encourage you to demo multiple pairs (i.e. they don't want someone borrowing one pair of skis for the whole day). They are limiting the number of people who can demo skis at any particualr time to 100 so that there will be a good selection of models for everyone to choose from.

Currently, the following companies will be represented:

Rossignol
Volkl
Head
Nordica

Other companies could also show up. SB is still receiving faxes from certain companies inquiring about the particulars. I asked about Atomic since I am interested in demoing the Metrons. I was told that Atomic hasn't committed yet but that they were at SB last year. I sent an e-mail to Atomic-USA customer service asking whether they'll be there. I'll let you know if I get any response. I also hope that Dynastar shows up as I'm interested in trying the Legend 8000s.

bvibert: do you mind posting this info on AZ as well? Thanks.

Tin Woodsman
12-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Speaking of demos. Does anyone know which of the shops on the access road or in the valley offer Volkl skis to demo? I'm looking to take a pair of Mantras for a test drive and would rather not have to hunt around for them.

Lostone
12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I know Vermont North used to. (I bought a pair of G4 demos there, a few years back. )

I also think I saw the Vokl logo on a banner by Alpine Options, as I passed, recently.

bvibert
12-16-2005, 12:50 PM
bvibert: do you mind posting this info on AZ as well? Thanks.

Thanks for the info madskier6! :D I'll be putting the info up at AZ shortly...

gotamagal
12-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Alpine Options has Volkl demos as does Downhill Edge and the Bullwheel at South. Not sure if any have Mantras, but the Volkl rep might have a pair with him on Saturday.

Most demo days the reps ask that you only take the skis for one or two runs, so I wouldn't plan on heading over to South with a pair of demo boards or else you're going to have one bummed out ski rep waiting for you. Usually the reps ask me to take only one or two runs on a particular ski, especially if it's one of their more popular ones.