PDA

View Full Version : What is Sugarbush's Motto In YOUR Book?

summitchallenger
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Another perennial discussion in RSN SB room....just what is SB's image? Do they know? Do you?

The consensus has been that they shift tags a bit too often and should stay with one, so mine is the first one that I knew: "Sugarbush: Where Great Skiers Ski". Short, simple, great.

That's SB to me.

summitchallenger
12-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah...and whoever came up with "Peace, Love, and a Ton of Snow" was smoking a bit too much of the...well, fill in the blank. Must have been LBO having a midlife crisis or something :lol:

Strat
12-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm somewhere between Pure Vermont and It's Sweeter up Here... at least, those are my two favorites there...

Frankly I'd think something more about about fun would be good... Peace, Love, and a Ton of Snow isn't that bad either... hmm...

Maybe something like "Snow, Freedom, and Fun." Kinda cornyish but I like it...

eatskisleep
12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
"Sugarbush: Where Great Skiers Ski". is what I'd say!

Strat
12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
What about snowboarders???

:shock: 8)

Lostone
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
There are a bunch I like. I could easily go for the where great skiers ski,
What about snowboarders??? (Where great snowboarders ski? :shock: That's just silly! :roll: :lol: ) but I voted for It's sweeter up here... Cuase I like it better. Another not on that list that I like is the one from a poster... Hey, I can't see the office from here!) :wink:

smootharc
12-13-2005, 08:21 AM
...always seemed to say it all to me.

12-13-2005, 09:24 AM
...always seemed to say it all to me.
Agreed. "It's Sweeter Up Here" gets my vote!

2planker
12-13-2005, 10:19 AM
It's sweeter up here gets my vote. They need to stick with something. They finally got their logo out there with the three little white lines that I see on a lot of vehicles. Not as prominent as the loaf peak or the Mad River Ski it if you can, but at least it is a start.

skibum1321
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I always liked "Peace, Love and a Ton of Snow". That was the motto when I first started skiing the Bush and it always kinda summed up the mountain for me. I'm always at peace when I'm up there and I love the mountain and it gets a ton of snow.
"It's Sweeter up here" is good too. So true...

WWF-VT
12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
"It's Sweeter Up Here" is a good tag line...this year it's "Pure Vermont" which I think is trying to be in sync with the MRV and the "Discover Our Good Nature" theme

ski_resort_observer
12-13-2005, 02:39 PM
It seems that during the latter 90's they had a slogan "live in/on the outside". Anyone else remember this one?

always liked "Pure Vermont'

summitchallenger
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
It seems that during the latter 90's they had a slogan "live in/on the outside". Anyone else remember this one?

always liked "Pure Vermont'

This is the ASC motto...

summitchallenger
12-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Looks like "It's Sweeter Up Here" is getting the nod...

smootharc
12-14-2005, 07:56 AM
"Sugarbush: Pure, sweeter, epic, adventurous, macara covered peace and love....in a castle....on a rock....in Vermont....in New England...not owned by ASC anymore, but we've got a big water tank for snowmaking"

I've sent this along to SB marketing and they have accepted it as their new motto.

Now where's that dunce emoticon ? C'mon, guys, I need it....

andyzee
12-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Went with "Peace, Love, and a Ton of Snow" some of the others are good, but could be applied to other mountains as well. This one seems to fit the bush the best.