PDA

View Full Version : What is the origin of the name Sugarbush?

mikec13
12-09-2005, 05:09 AM
What is the origin of the name Sugarbush?

KingM
12-09-2005, 06:28 AM
The sugar bush is the back woods where lots of maple trees (bush) is present that was traditionally used for making maple sugar. Sugar making has, of course, given way to maple syrup production.

ski_resort_observer
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Sugarbush is a patch of sugar maples. There is a nice sugarbush between the golf course rd and Inferno Rd at Sugarbush on the south side.http://img2.postimage.org/121054/sugarhouse1.jpg (http://img2.postimage.org/forums/forums_skimrv/121054/sugarhouse1.html)

noski
12-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Sugarbush is a patch of sugar maples.
psssst....*whispers* since you were so thoughtful as to mention the difference between creemee and soft serve, I thought I would mention that it would be a stand of sugar maples.... :wink:

ski_resort_observer
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Sugarbush is a patch of sugar maples.
psssst....*whispers* since you were so thoughtful as to mention the difference between creemee and soft serve, I thought I would mention that it would be a stand of sugar maples.... :wink:

ooooops, stand it is. :lol:

smootharc
12-10-2005, 06:45 AM
....pioneering ski bum tree skiers who sustained themselves through the winter of '59 eating maple bark during their runs....

Lostone
12-10-2005, 05:24 PM
pioneering ski bum tree skiers who sustained themselves through the winter of '59 eating maple bark during their runs

Sheesh! :? I've done that lots of times... and beech bark... and birch... then there were those pines.. :oops:

:lol:

Strat
12-10-2005, 09:32 PM
pioneering ski bum tree skiers who sustained themselves through the winter of '59 eating maple bark during their runs

Sheesh! :? I've dont hthat lots of times... and beech bark... and birch... then there were those pines.. :oops:

Man, I've heard of treehuggers, but....

noski
12-11-2005, 08:35 AM

Sheesh! :? I've dont hthat lots of times... and beech bark... and birch... then there were those pines.. :oops:

Man, I've heard of treehuggers, but....

As a kid we used to take the pitch from some type of pine (I can't remember which) and chew it as gum.

smootharc
12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
As a kid we used to take the pitch from some type of pine (I can't remember which) and chew it as gum.

...this place had ice cream made with pine tar. Sounded awful.....tasted awesome !

Big Game
12-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Some folk make maple syrup from birch trees. They call it birch syrup. I never tried it but I heard it has a licorice flavor. It's more expensive to make because birch don't give off nearly as much sap. Lazy trees.

ski_resort_observer
01-03-2007, 06:39 PM
bump