PDA

View Full Version : Need a new opening policy

Treeskier
12-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I feel it was very poor of them not to open Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend of Halloween. It should be Ski it When You Can also! Only open the Single with full time staff and volenteers. No food or drink. Just be open.

skibum1321
12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
MRG has limited funds as it is. To open on a day when they would have little to no chance of profits just doesn't really make much sense when they know they will be closing down again in a couple of days. I wasn't there for the Thanksgiving storm, but I think the wind blew everything around a little too much for them to have a consistent base anyway.

skilasnow
12-07-2005, 10:49 PM
MRG has limited funds as it is. To open on a day when they would have little to no chance of profits just doesn't really make much sense when they know they will be closing down again in a couple of days. I wasn't there for the Thanksgiving storm, but I think the wind blew everything around a little too much for them to have a consistent base anyway.While finances will always be something that must be considered carefully at a non-profit, MRG is on pretty solid financial footing right now. I think that opening the single for a long holiday weekend with a minimal staff (no lodge facilities available, except the restrooms) could be affordable. Whether they could have gotten enough staff there to open safely and whether the conditions really were sufficient are two other arguments

Lostone
12-08-2005, 09:40 AM
When I think of Mad Rive opening, I look at Black Diamond, Bravo and Exterminator.

On Thaxgiving weekend, Black Diamond was marginal.

The others were open. And Sugarbush has much more traffic than Mad River.

There were a lot of very unhappy campers from there. :roll: