PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush website: Anyone else having problems with it?

Lostone
12-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I liked the site when it first came out. Now I am officially gunshy of it.

Of the last 7 times I've gone there, it has frozen my computer to the point of requiring a shutdown. One of those 4 times I was able to get the application close box with CTRL ALT DEL, but even then, It wouldn't take the End Task selection.

My computer is a little old, and I'm running W98SE, Chances of buying another machine to use the site are... :roll: right! :shock:

Anyone else?

kcyanks1
12-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I liked the site when it first came out. Now I am officially gunshy of it.

Of the last 7 times I've gone there, it has frozen my computer to the point of requiring a shutdown. One of those 4 times I was able to get the application close box with CTRL ALT DEL, but even then, It wouldn't take the End Task selection.

My computer is a little old, and I'm running W98SE, Chances of buying another machine to use the site are... :roll: right! :shock:

Anyone else?

Not freezing for me..have used it with Firefox in Fedora Core 4 and Windows XP. You can get a new laptop running Linux for a couple hundred dollars. Abandon MS!!!

Lostone
12-05-2005, 10:00 PM
My computer works on thousands of sites. I'm not buying another one to use the Sugarbush site! :shock: :roll:

Treeskier
12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
My machine does not crash from it...even though I do have a windows 98 machine but my complaint is that they do not put a time stamp on when they update the snow report. So if they get 10 inches during the day....you do not know from their report when or if that happened. Or like last weekend when wind hold was taken off.

kcyanks1
12-06-2005, 08:26 AM
My computer works on thousands of sites. I'm not buying another one to use the Sugarbush site! :shock: :roll:

No, you're buying another one to get rid of MS's operating system :-) (Though you can just install it on your old one too.)

Edit: I am completely kidding, by the way. I know that I probably haven't posted long enough that we "know" each other (to the extent that's possible through forums), but I'm not seriously suggesting that you get a new computer for viewing SB's site. I'm just using it as an opportunity to knock Microsoft in a joking manner.

smootharc
12-06-2005, 08:32 AM
....all seems a-ok.

noski
12-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Though I am reserving comment about the site overall, I can tell you it functions fine on my computer.

Tin Woodsman
12-06-2005, 09:37 AM
No problems here, though I echo the complaints on the timeliness of the snow reports an the quality/quantity of information provided therein.

bvibert
12-06-2005, 09:37 AM
It seems to be functioning just fine on my PC too...

ski_resort_observer
12-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Mountain Dispatch updates the snow report usually around 6:00 AM. That should help you figure out the timeline. One in awhile to person who is scheduled to do this doesn't come to work but it is usually noticed quickly and fixed.

Strat
12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
The images for the links along the top bar (Ski and Ride, About Us, Snow and Trails) often don't show up for me... have to guess where they might be and hope that my blind clicking works... same problem on 4 different machines running XP with IE 6.

Maybe IE's the problem? :roll:

bvibert
12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
The images for the links along the top bar (Ski and Ride, About Us, Snow and Trails) often don't show up for me... have to guess where they might be and hope that my blind clicking works... same problem on 4 different machines running XP with IE 6.

Maybe IE's the problem? :roll:

I always seem to get those images, but I often don't get the drop down menus from them...