PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of opening this weekend?

kcyanks1
12-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I know a couple weeks back when there was some snow the MRG website mentioned that they considered opening. If it stays cold throughout the week and they get some snow mid-week as expected (how much is called for?) is there any chance they'll open? The weather will be cold enough to make snow on the lower elevation/high traffic stuff where they use their couple snow guns, and hopefully there's enough of the real stuff on the real terrain higher up.

Tin Woodsman
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
If they get as little as 6" more of snow this week, I think there will definitely be enough to open above the mid-station, but they'd need another foot or so for it to be open all the way to the base, IMHO.

kcyanks1
12-05-2005, 04:48 PM
If they get as little as 6" more of snow this week, I think there will definitely be enough to open above the mid-station, but they'd need another foot or so for it to be open all the way to the base, IMHO.

Good to hear that 6" may do it! And good point about mid-station. I completely forgot about the ability to load the single in the middle when I wrote my original post.

Tin Woodsman
12-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Good to hear that 6" may do it! And good point about mid-station. I completely forgot about the ability to load the single in the middle when I wrote my original post.
Mind you, this opinion is based upon my observation of snow depths over at SB in the 2500-3000' elevation range. I would imagine that depths were similar on Gen. Stark Mtn, but can't be sure. Also, I don't recall MRG opening with service just from the mid-station on up, though I imagine that it's happened in the past. Any MRG regulars have more beta on this?

kcyanks1
12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Mind you, this opinion is based upon my observation of snow depths over at SB in the 2500-3000' elevation range. I would imagine that depths were similar on Gen. Stark Mtn, but can't be sure. Also, I don't recall MRG opening with service just from the mid-station on up, though I imagine that it's happened in the past. Any MRG regulars have more beta on this?

I assumed it was a personal estimation not inside info.