PDA

View Full Version : How did you find SkiMRV.com?

12-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Just curious as yo how folks are finding this site.

Edited to add the suggestion that people introduce themselves and say a little more about themselves.

Lostone 12-06

bvibert
12-06-2005, 09:15 AM
A little birdy told me... ;)

Seriously this should be interesting as more people start to join. :)

smootharc
12-06-2005, 10:27 AM
...alpinezone was my connection.

Sorry about that erroneous hanging chad....

Lostone
06-09-2006, 09:48 PM
* ~ bump ~ *

madskier6
06-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I voted "Link on Alpine Zone" but actually Greg sent me a PM on AZ advising me about the new site. He knew from my posts on AZ that I skied the MRV regularly. Thanks Greg! Excellent sites (AZ as well).

Snowman
06-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I heard it thru the grapevi... (Sorry. Wrong song. :roll: ) :lol:

Uh... Someone told me on the lift... back when the lifts were running. :cry: :wink:

noski
06-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Snowman- your signature box is kinda creepy. What else does he know, what we're wearing???? :shock: :wink:

Snowman
06-11-2006, 09:22 AM
jeans and a flannel shirt. :?

Was he right? 8)

Actually, he knows some of what you are telling everyone on the net. :shock:

:wink:

Lostone
11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Been a while since we've seen this one.

Lots of people have added, since.

Care to share how you got here? 8)

Mike_451
12-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I heard about AZ from googling SB rumors or something and found the Sugarbush Thread, read that for a while, forgot about it, and I think I might have been checking out AZ wondering what happend to the SB thread, and then I found the link to SKIMRV, the other time I found it I was playing arround with Google. That said, I have been spreading the word about both AZ and SKI-MRV.

Abe Froman
12-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I google searched "staches"...This is the sight I found! :lol:

Lostone
12-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Just added the introduction part. Figured I should put in my part.

I found the forum by being one of those who started it. I did that by my active participation in the Sugarbush Thread, over in the Zone. Greg noticed that I had an interest in the resort and the community, and asked if I was interested in helping to get the place started.

My name is Jim. I'm an ambassador for the resort, and live in one of the ski condos. I'm known to many, and almost always am happy to meet any who recognize me. :wink:

noski
12-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Like Lostone, I was invited behind the curtain by Greg. The hardest part was deciding whether or not noski should appear with her real name and title. I chatted with Greg and others I know and trust, oh- and lostone too :wink: , and decided I would come out from behind the curtain. Since I don't ski, at least maybe I can have credibility in my professional capacity!

Lostone
12-16-2006, 09:06 AM
I chatted with Greg and others I know and trust, oh- and lostone too :wink:

HEY!!! :x I can read you know!!! :?

And sometimes I can understand some of what I read. :roll:

:lol:

ScoobySnack
12-17-2006, 01:18 PM
I found it through a google news search for sugarbush (I think).

CapeSkiGuy
12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Found it through Alpine Zone, coincidentally at the same time I grabbed a condo in the valley. I'm new to SB, but have 40 years experience in New England skiing, and am glad to be here. I have some friends who work in MRV, and I will mainly be around weekends. See you at the Castlerock Pub. Or at the Hyde Away. Or wherever...

Jim

jkvt
10-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Found it through looking at my site logs. I kept seeing links from here and decided to check it out.
Great resource.

10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Found it through looking at my site logs. I kept seeing links from here and decided to check it out.
Great resource.

What's your site?

Lostone
10-05-2007, 10:50 AM
1) Welcome to the board. You're right that it is a great resource for info and communication about the valley and either or both mountains. 8)

B) What are site logs? Does that mean you run some sort of ISP, and people on that service visit here?

III) Still love to hear from anyone else, how they found the place. :wink:

jkvt
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Great resource.

What's your site?

http://www.valleyreporter.com (www.valleyreporter.com)

jkvt
10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
[quote="Lostone"]1) Welcome to the board. You're right that it is a great resource for info and communication about the valley and either or both mountains. 8)

B) What are site logs? Does that mean you run some sort of ISP, and people on that service visit here?

The logs for the website, to see how many people visit and where they come from, what browsers they use.

jkvt

Lostone
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanx for the info.

Yes, there are constant comments on articles from you, often with links. Like I say, I like us to be a resource, and I'm sure you feel the same about your site. This one has the (dis? :P )advantage of being interactive.

Again, welcome to the board. I hope you participate. :wink:

jkvt
10-05-2007, 12:17 PM
[quote="Lostone"]Thanx for the info.

Yes, there are constant comments on articles from you, often with links. Like I say, I like us to be a resource, and I'm sure you feel the same about your site. This one has the (dis? :P )advantage of being interactive.

Actually I like the interactivity. We have considered making some aspects of our site more interactive. The biggest draw back being the hours it takes to patrol with our small staff, especially during the heated "he said" "she said" give and take that can happen. I am glad there is someplace like this where it can go on.

jkvt