PDA

View Full Version : hotels near sugarbush

Jim
12-01-2005, 12:12 PM
anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels near the bush? it's going to be 4 guys staying in the room, so nothing fancy is needed, just a place to crash.

noski
12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels near the bush? it's going to be 4 guys staying in the room, so nothing fancy is needed, just a place to crash.
We say, "economical", not cheap since that term can denote quality as well as price.... KingM can help firsthand. I am sure he will jump in here shortly....

WWF-VT
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Low cost lodging options that I have been to include:

-White Horse Inn - on German Flats Rd
-Golden Lion on Rte 100
-Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern ( formerly Pepper's Lodge) on German Flats Road
-HydeAway Inn - Rte 17

noski
12-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Low cost lodging options that I have been to include:

-White Horse Inn - on German Flats Rd
-Golden Lion on Rte 100
-Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern ( formerly Pepper's Lodge) on German Flats Road
-HydeAway Inn - Rte 17
All good!

KingM
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
The other less expensive options are the Powderhound and Wait Farm, although Wait Farm is a bit further away. The most important detail I'd need to know is when you are planning to come. Everyone's rates are higher during the holiday periods, but the price range is narrower during those times. The same holds true to a lesser extent for midweek vs. weekend.

For example, Hotel X might go for 82 midweek and 112 weekend while Hotel Y goes for $119 and $139. During the holidays Hotel X might charge $139 and Hotel Y $159. Ironically, your time to splash out might be the holidays, when rates are highest across the board.

ski_resort_observer
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
There is one chain with a cheap...whoops....economical rate in Montpelier, an Econo Lodge. I have been told that it has been recently renovated.
It's about 20 min to the valley then another 15min or so, depending on which mountaion your headed for. I commuted to the valley for 2 years, the drive is easy and very scenic. Montpelier is a fun place to hang out after skiing too.

noski
12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
There is one chain with a cheap...whoops....economical rate in Montpelier, an Econo Lodge. I have been told that it has been recently renovated.
It's about 20 min to the valley then another 15min or so, depending on which mountaion your headed for. I commuted to the valley for 2 years, the drive is easy and very scenic. Montpelier is a fun place to hang out after skiing too.
haha. Actually, I will research, but I don't think it is EconoLodge anymore. Renovations perhaps to new ownership...? I will check tomorrow and post. Or maybe I will conveniently forget to do it at all....

Jim
12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
we are coming up thursday the 22nd for the 5.50 lift tickets the next day.

Jim
12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
i'm booking a room tonight...any suggestions?

kcyanks1
12-20-2005, 01:02 PM
i'm booking a room tonight...any suggestions?

I just stayed a week and a half ago at the Mad River Inn, a bed and breakfast, and was extremely happy with the room, food, and people. It's reasonably priced as well compared to other B&Bs in the area.

Jim
12-20-2005, 06:59 PM
we decided to go with the sugarbush inn since it is close and only $109 with tax. anyone ever stay there?

Lostone
12-20-2005, 08:58 PM
If not, maybe you could post your impressions? 8)

Jim
12-20-2005, 10:26 PM
If not, maybe you could post your impressions? 8)sure thing

ski_resort_observer
12-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Never stayed at the Sugarbush Inn but my office was there for 5 years. This is a classic Vermont inn. Great full breakfast in a nice settings. 24 hour front desk, bar/restaurant inside. Rooms are small but decently appointed. You get either 2 twins or a king. I think it's a nice place to stay. Transportation to the base area is provided.

Hey Greg.....I remember last winter when you stayed there, I told the Front Desk Manager you were an important VIP...what do you think of the Sugarbush Inn?

Jim
12-24-2005, 12:30 PM
the inn was nice, but the two "twin" beds were more like singles, so some of us had to hit the floor. otherwise it was a nice little hotel. the free breakfast in the morning was a huge plus too.

KingM
12-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Twin usually means single bed. Anything capable of sleeping two people would be at least a double, with the sizes then going to queen and king.

ski_resort_observer
12-24-2005, 05:15 PM
the inn was nice, but the two "twin" beds were more like singles, so some of us had to hit the floor. otherwise it was a nice little hotel. the free breakfast in the morning was a huge plus too.

As KingM points out a twin bed is for a single person. We get some complaints as alot of people are used to the 2 double beds you get at the chains. The rooms are too small for that. Alot like the fact that you can hang out at the bar then stumble to your room upstairs. :lol: I hope they have taken that pool table out of the library.

kcyanks1
12-24-2005, 08:57 PM

A "twin" bed is a one-person bed. I think it's called a "twin" because if any couple were to use them, they'd be sleeping separately, i.e., in twin beds.

ski_resort_observer
12-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Whew! I'm glad we cleared that up. :lol:

kcyanks1
12-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Whew! I'm glad we cleared that up. :lol:

Oops. Didn't realize someone else had already addressed it. I just quoted the message and replied without reading all the other posts first.

Lostone
12-25-2005, 08:28 PM
:lol:

At the risdk of beating a very dead horse...
Bed sizes listed, (http://www.dormia.com/sleepcenter/dimensions.asp) with helpful comparison diagram. :wink: