PDA

View Full Version : Ranks?

11-22-2005, 12:08 PM
How do you all feel about ranks and rank images? Perhaps we could use trail names to depict ranks - harder trails as your post count increases. Kind of subjective, I guess... Thoughts?

bvibert
11-22-2005, 02:14 PM
How do you all feel about ranks and rank images? Perhaps we could use trail names to depict ranks - harder trails as your post count increases. Kind of subjective, I guess... Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me, what would you use for images, Greeen Circles, Blue Squares, and Black Diamonds??

Lostone
11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
The problem with that is, if we are trying to get people from Mad River, the names might cause conflicts.

Might be better to just use the levels, Green dot, blue box diamond and double diamond?

I have no strong feelings on this, either way. Just pointing out that some of the Mad River folks... really dislike Sugarbush. :cry:

Of course most of them will never be here, so... :roll: :wink:

Strat
11-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Well we could use names they have in common... there's Waterfall, Liftline, Paradise... Birdland is a bit of a stretch but doable maybe...

Though something original and valley-like might be fun too... where's our creative department?! :D 8)

skibum1321
11-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Maybe we could use a picture of a trail sign as the picture for it.

Could we have 2 options for each level - one for MRG and one for the Bush

I like the idea of valley related stuff too..
Maybe a newbie could be ranked SmallDog
I've got nothing after that though. I lack in creativity.

daevious
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Why have them at all?

11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Why have them at all?
A good question. Totally not needed, just a fun little addition. Indeed, they don't really mean anything...

skibum1321
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Why have them at all?
A good question. Totally not needed, just a fun little addition. Indeed, they don't really mean anything...
It gives me a goal to strive for. I'm working for my 4th peak right now on AZ.