PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot size limiting lift ticket sales?

11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Does MRG's small parking lot ever cause them to limit lift ticket sales on busy weekends? Does it ever fill to a point that it would cause such an issue?

Tin Woodsman
11-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I've seen the parking lot completely full on busy days to the point where people start parking on the side of 17. The hassle that goes with this, along with the long liftlines, tend to act as a natural barrier to more day tickets being sold, IMHO. There are only a few days per year where things seem to get a little out of hand w/r/t people.

skibum1321
11-30-2005, 08:10 AM
One of the things that I respect most about MRG is that they will actually limit lift ticket sales. I think very few other mountains out there would do this. Or the number of skiers required for them to do so would be enormous.

vtskibum
11-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Does MRG's small parking lot ever cause them to limit lift ticket sales on busy weekends? Does it ever fill to a point that it would cause such an issue?

In years past they have limited day lift ticket sales by number. I can remember days when they were telling people "sorry we are sold out". I do not know what that number is or if they still do that. That said, busy days results in cars all over Route 17 but it is what it is. Part of the charm of MRG.