PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast heading to the mountain

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Your heading up to Sugarbush or MRG in the morning, where do you stop at for some fast food? I like the Little Donut Company in Waitsfield or the Paradise Deli, Terry and Roberta do a great job there.

Tin Woodsman
11-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Starting this year, this kid is heading to the Super Bravo quad so he can eat at the new Waffle Haus next to Allyn's Lodge. Fantastic idea for this year that helps to take a little pressure of of Allyn's Lodge, which was quite crowded at times last winter.

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 12:09 PM
One of the many improvements SV did at the Bush was making Allyn's Lodge a viable place to eat. In the ASC days there was no hot food and you were lucky to get a cup of coffee or hot chocolot. Waffles...yum!

Tin Woodsman
11-21-2005, 12:35 PM
I didn't ski at SB much during the ASC days, though a vaguely recall Allyn's being almost useless at the time. Moving the ski patrol out to the North deck and adding hot food have been two small yet important steps. I'd like to see a little large space there with more food options and more than a single employee manning the counter, but at least the Waffle Haus accomplishes much of what those ideas seek to address.

madskier6
11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
a Breakfast Burrito from the Warren Store. They are to die for, assuming you like eggs, cheese and meat (not the healthiest option). They have all kinds of choices for ingriedents (bacon, sausage, vegetables, cheeses, etc.). I'm generally not a big breakfast burrito fan but these are unlike any I've tasted. Not spicy. Basically an omelette wrapped in a tortilla.

I also like the Little Donut Company and Paradise Deli, although I haven't had breakfast food yet from the Paradise Deli. I will have to give that a try. I do enjoy the Paradise cheesesteaks.

If you want to sit down and get table service, I also like Pepper's on German Flats Road. Very tasty crepes, pancakes and home fries.

ski_resort_observer
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
The breakfast burritos at the Warren Store are good, very popular but alittle pricey. It's aliitle too much of a food boutique then a store for my tastes plus it's hard to find a parking spot among all the fancy SUV's. Once in while when I am checking my mail at the Warren Post Office I will walk down. Can't argue with the quality of the stuff they sell.

mikec13
11-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Paradise Deli is my quick stop...My son gets a peanut butter and bacon sandwich...he must be the only one because they always say "the peanut butter and bacon guy is back"...Peppers is good food but is a little slow if you are in a hurry to get to the mountain

noski
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Paradise Deli is my quick stop...My son gets a peanut butter and bacon sandwich...he must be the only one because they always say "the peanut butter and bacon guy is back"...Peppers is good food but is a little slow if you are in a hurry to get to the mountain
Pepper's is now under new ownership. I am not sure the restaurant will be open to the public when they reopen the lodge in December. I will let you know when I hear.

WWF-VT
11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Pepper's web site is now "Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern". I know that last year Elliot came back when the couple he sold to bailed. It will be interesting to find out what the new owners do.

ski_resort_observer
11-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Pepper's web site is now "Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern". I know that last year Elliot came back when the couple he sold to bailed. It will be interesting to find out what the new owners do.

I was over there at the beginning of last year when they were trying to get the place back in shape for the season. They were not happy having to leave their happy retirememnt in Arizona. Hopefully this time it will work out for both parties.

daevious
11-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I believe they plan to serve breakfast at the new restaurant where the Bass Restaurant was.

mikec13
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the breakfast place that was connected to the Mad River Tavern and the ski shop? I went there a few times - nice hearty breakfast. For that matter any plans to reopen the tavern?

freeheel_skier
11-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Paradise Deli! Otherwise oatmeal in my Kitchen staring out at ME.

madskier6
12-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the breakfast place that was connected to the Mad River Tavern and the ski shop? I went there a few times - nice hearty breakfast. For that matter any plans to reopen the tavern?

That breakfast place was pretty good. I think it was called Eric's? Alas, it closed before the beginning of last ski season and no replacement has opened, to my knowledge.

The tavern is now the Local Folk Smokehouse (bar and bbq food) and is actually pretty good IMHO. It has been open for almost a year now.

Lostone
12-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Are you saying the Local Folk is open for breakfast?

I wasn't aware of that.

Of course, one of the facts of having a condo at South is I seldom stop for breakfast, but have it before I go out. :wink:

noski
12-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Are you saying the Local Folk is open for breakfast?

I wasn't aware of that.

Of course, one of the facts of having a condo at South is I seldom stop for breakfast, but have it before I go out. :wink:
No, silly goose. Local Folk is not open for breakfast, or lunch. The restaurant next door was called Pete's Eats but the owner (young, early 40s) died suddenly and the restaurant stayed open a short while, but finally closed. The restaurant-formerly-known-as-Bass is Country Flair and indeed will serve a hearty breakfast. Should be good hearty fare, affordable.