PDA

View Full Version : Lodging in the Sugarbush area

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Since my area of expertise is Sugarbush and area lodging. Where have you stayed and what did you think of it? If I had alot of bucks I would stay in a Southface townhouse. Alittle down the access road but what incredible units. If I was looking for an economical place I would stay at the Powderhound, small condo with a kitchenette or the Golden Lion, clean rooms, great breakfast and outside hot tub.

Tin Woodsman
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Back when our house was being renovated in the winter of 2002/2003, we stayed at Egan's on 100. It was in need of some work then, and was defintiely crowded for 4 people. Any idea when/if it will be opening up under new mgmt?

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a message in to someone that should know something. The place is just across Folsom Brook from my place so I am asking one of my neighbors. Maybe someone else has some info like KingM.

KingM
11-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a message in to someone that should know something. The place is just across Folsom Brook from my place so I am asking one of my neighbors. Maybe someone else has some info like KingM.

They haven't been to any Chamber lodging meetings, so I don't know. It does seem like they've been closed a long time, though. This will be their second winter closed if they don't open soon, which seems like a big financial hit.

I wonder the same thing about Mac's, which was damaged by fire a couple months back. I imagine they're busting their humps to get open by the Holidays.

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 03:41 PM
This what I have got so far. The Madbush Falls Lodge went to tax sale this summer. Someone did buy it at that sale, however the delinquent owner has 1 year to redeem - so he really has until next summer to do something- either redeem himself or let it go and then the new buyer can do what he wants. Expect nothing between now and then.

Maybe the owner wished he never traded with Bernie. Remember the owners Of Egans Big World basically traded places with the owners of Gallaghers.

When I get more I will post it.

Tin Woodsman
11-21-2005, 03:47 PM

They haven't been to any Chamber lodging meetings, so I don't know. It does seem like they've been closed a long time, though. This will be their second winter closed if they don't open soon, which seems like a big financial hit.

I wonder the same thing about Mac's, which was damaged by fire a couple months back. I imagine they're busting their humps to get open by the Holidays.

What was the story behind the fire at Mac's anyway? It's a long way between Waitsfield and Hancock to wait for gas.

noski
11-21-2005, 03:49 PM
It was electrical. But it sure seems like a long down time, doesn't it?

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
[quote="KingM"][quote=ski_resort_observer] It's a long way between Waitsfield and Hancock to wait for gas.

Especially with the stop and go driving(bad for gas mileage) of avoiding the mucho moose in the Gulf :lol:

Lostone
11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
As far as Mac's is concerned, they do seem to be moving on it slow. My impression was they were doing pretty good business, beyond gas.

They were also often the cheapest place for gas, in the area. :cry: