PDA

View Full Version : Is Sugarbush your favorite ski area?

11-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Really really tough call for me. It's a true toss-up between SB and Sugarloaf. If you consider MRG as well though, the MRV has it hands-down, despite how awesome Sugarloaf is. The two Sugar*'s are definitely the best the East has to offer IMHO...

Tin Woodsman
11-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Without a doubt. Best combination of quality and quantity of terrain, great lift system that spreads people out, relaxed vibe, and two nearby "hardcore" ski areas (MRG and Stowe) that suck away many of the locals who would rather not be amongst the tourists. Leaves more snow for this tourist.

smootharc
11-21-2005, 09:05 AM
....just wish the passes were one.

My favorite valley....terrain, snow, people....past, present, and hopefully future.

noski
11-21-2005, 09:57 AM
....just wish the passes were one.

My favorite valley....terrain, snow, people....past, present, and hopefully future.
They are when it comes to packaging with local lodging, midweek 2 nights, or 3 nights when over a weekend. Ski The Valley ticket is interchangeable between SB/MRG/Oles. This ticket is not available any other way, however....

kcyanks1
11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
I'd put SB second behind MRG. Jay and Stowe are up on my list as well, but I've only been to those two and one days, respectively, so they can't yet surplant either of my top two. When I ski at SB I basically stay on the MRG-like terrain (Paradise, Spillsville, Mall, Castlerock), so the experiences are pretty similar for me at both mountains. There's just something about that single chair, I guess :-)

skibum1321
11-30-2005, 04:58 PM
MRG and the Bush are my two favs. I can't really put one ahead of the other though. I guess if I had to choose it would be Sugarbush just because if you hit a lift line in one spot you can always find a lift with no line.

kcyanks1
11-30-2005, 05:29 PM
MRG and the Bush are my two favs. I can't really put one ahead of the other though. I guess if I had to choose it would be Sugarbush just because if you hit a lift line in one spot you can always find a lift with no line.

Good point about lift lines. Aside from Castlerock, I never have lines there, even on weekends. MRG has lines, but they are almost necessary for me to recuperate :-)

Lostone
11-30-2005, 05:51 PM
A number of years ago, there was a 3 foot snowstorm on Sunday. I was in a ski club in Moretown. A couple of the guys from the club and I decided to stay and ski Monday. They headed to Mad River. I went to South.

I'm pretty sure... (3'... Mad River Glen...?) they had a great time. I found that when you have a lot of snow and a lift that gets you to the top really fast... 8) Yep... No fun at all, over at South! :wink:

I have skied a lot of places, but this is the place I have settled at. It is lovely. The terrain is some of the best. And the people are friendly. I'm not just talking about the people that are making money by having you around, but down in the valley, in the summer, and just walking around.

People are just nice. And when people are nice to you... (OK, not me, but other people) you tend to be nice, too. And then when you are nice to someone new... You've got another one! :shock: :lol:

freeheel_skier
11-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Have to go with my home team....Sugarbush! No doubt. No matter how long I have skied there I still find something new and amazing. I am sure anybody can say that about their favorite mtn. I have skied all over the world and I am still amazed that I am never bored at SB. Don't get me wrong I love variety....I love doing road trips. But I still love the Bush! :lol:

Treeskier
12-05-2005, 10:16 PM
When I got out of college my wife and I spent 2 years couponing it all over New England. Even day tripped to Jay on a Sunday after driving up and back to Loon. But when she became pregnant with our son. We sat a desided that Sugarbush/Mad River has the best terain in the East. So we joined a ski house and have been here ever since. Am a share holder at Mad River also.

Doing My Snow Dance!

2planker
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Sugarbush is my favorite. There is a tie for second between the loaf and Stowe on weekdays. I hit the loaf last year when the snow fields were open, not a bad take mid week, especially with a local friend.