PDA

View Full Version : A Memorial to Zip

vtskibum
11-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I am saddened by the news I learned at AZ of Zips departure from our world. Skiing at SBush North will never quite feel the same. As a memorial to Zip we should all post are most treasured memory of runs down zip. Mine is when after 20 years of skiing SBush I finally managed to straightline zip. It was a long time coming and a scarry run but I finally did it. Sure beats my usual 30 or 40 turns on it.
:)

Lostone
11-19-2005, 07:43 PM
And I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been used to stopping before entering it and making sure I would be able to stay in control thru the whole thing.

After all, it has been a more difficult trail. Now? :? If it has no name, doesn't it also have no rating? Is it easier now? Or... Or, has it now become most difficult? :shock:

Luckily, it isn't open, so I don't have to worry about that now. But in a little while, I'm going to have to make a decision... or maybe... I'll just stand there and be frozen with fear and indecision until March. :cry:

:lol:

ski_resort_observer
11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Maybe you can add Spread Eagle to that memorial service? As far as Zip is concerned since I never ski under the lift anymore I never had a chance to use it. My bad...I know. Maybe we should contact NELSTP, New England Lost Ski Trail Project. :lol: Not to be confused with NELSAP.

WWF-VT
11-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Zip was the best 187 feet of ski trail that I have ever experienced. Can't wait to give it a try this year - I hope I don't get lost connecting to Lower Rim Run.