PDA

View Full Version : Daycare

bvibert
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Has anyone ever used the Cricket Club Day Care (http://madriverglen.com/?Page=daycare.html) at MRG? My wife and I are planning a trip there this year and she doesn't want to leave our daughter at home with anyone. The day care looks promising so that we can both ski together for a 1/2 day or so. I'm looking for anyone with first hand experience...

Mr MRG Jr
11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
bvibert,
I'm without first hand experience on the CC, but as an MRG employee it's hard for me to resist the opportunity to give a plug! I can tell you that the Cricket Club is well nigh revered by many parents and their kids, and Callie McAllister has been running the show over there for so long that she doesn't miss a beat. Sometimes it gets to the point that come the end of the day, kids would rather not leave! I'm actually planning on dropping my own niece off there so my brother and I can go play on the hill at some point this winter.

One thing though, the state does keep a pretty tight limit on the number of children allowed in the daycare service at any given time, and we don't take reservations. On a busy weekend or holiday, the CC will fill up fast! I'd definitely suggest, should you decide to use the service, two things: 1) snagging the registration form from the site and filling it out before you get here, and 2) if you are coming on a weekend or holiday, get here early! After all, the latter is good advice anyway. :)

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to put you in touch with Callie, who certainly knows the deal over there much better than I.

Cheers,
Neal Berwick
MRG IT/Communications
neal@madriverglen.com

btw greg, I like the idea of a MRV forum, but how much are those boys to the south paying you for using this domain name and the logo on the top left? :P

11-21-2005, 10:27 AM
btw greg, I like the idea of a MRV forum, but how much are those boys to the south paying you for using this domain name and the logo on the top left? :P
Millions. ;)

bvibert
11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
One thing though, the state does keep a pretty tight limit on the number of children allowed in the daycare service at any given time, and we don't take reservations. On a busy weekend or holiday, the CC will fill up fast! I'd definitely suggest, should you decide to use the service, two things: 1) snagging the registration form from the site and filling it out before you get here, and 2) if you are coming on a weekend or holiday, get here early! After all, the latter is good advice anyway. :)

We gathered that from the site, I was wondering how often it actually filled up. Sounds like most weekends it does though. Getting there early is good advice, but easier said than done with a 7 month old sometimes. ;) I think we're going to be looking at a mid-week trip anyway, does the CC run 7 days a week??

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to put you in touch with Callie, who certainly knows the deal over there much better than I.If we come up with any specific questions

Thanks, if we come up with any specific questions I may take you up on that!

Mr MRG Jr
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I think we're going to be looking at a mid-week trip anyway, does the CC run 7 days a week??
My apologies for the delay in the reply; the Cricket Club is indeed open seven days a week!

-Neal

bvibert
12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
I think we're going to be looking at a mid-week trip anyway, does the CC run 7 days a week??
My apologies for the delay in the reply; the Cricket Club is indeed open seven days a week!

-Neal

No apologies necessary, I appreciate the info! :D

psalts
12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
I have used the cc daycare extensively over the past few years. All of my kids have spent at least a season with Sallie McAllister and her staff. My kids absolutely loved it there. They had a program where they will take your kids outside for a little bit and put them on skis (I think?). Dunno if they still have that program - last year all my kids were taking lessons at MRG and therefore didn't use the cricket club.

You can peer in the windows to check on your kids if you like and if there is a problem where they needs the parents they will post a message on all the boards next to the lifts. Overall it's an efficient operation that most kids seem to love.

I'd enroll in the program early in the season so they are familiar with your child. If you are heading up and you are delayed for some reason, you can call after 8am and ask them to hold a spot for you. We did this many times (we were regulars at this point) and they had no problem holding a spot. I think we prolly called about 85% of the time fearing that they might be full, they rarely were by the time we got there. Later on in the day they would post a sign indicating they are full. At that point you're SOL.

Lemme know if you have any more questions.

12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Welcome psalts. Fairfield, CT, eh? My in-laws have lived there all their lives.

noski
12-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Not yet, though, right?

12-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Not yet, though, right?
Huh?

psalts
12-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Yes, Fairfield - about a 4 hour ride every weekend. That ride can get tiring but the prize at the end is worth it.

PS

Lostone
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Not yet, though, right?

Huh?

Uh... It is one of the oldest jokes in the world. :roll:

Q> "Have you lived here all your life? "

A> "Not yet"

Q> Does this road go to Burington?
A> Nope it just stays right there.

Q> No, I mean can I take this road to Burlington?
A> Well, you could, but it would be a lot of work, and I hear they already have one there.

:roll: . . :lol:

noski
12-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Not yet, though, right?

Huh?

Uh... It is one of the oldest jokes in the world. :roll:

Q> "Have you lived here all your life? "

A> "Not yet"

Q> Does this road go to Burington?
A> Nope it just stays right there.

Q> No, I mean can I take this road to Burlington?
A> Well, you could, but it would be a lot of work, and I hear they already have one there.

:roll: . . :lol:

Q>....Was that your hired hand who broke your tractor wheel?
A> ayup
Q> ....Same one who ruint your daughter?
A> ayup
Q>.... Clumsy, aint he?

being 4th generation, I think I have heard most of them.....

bvibert
12-06-2005, 09:24 AM
psalts, thanks for the review. It sounds good! :D

WinW
12-06-2005, 11:20 PM
The CC, er Callie, is awesome. We skied exclusively at MRG for several years because of the CC. Our kids loved Callie and staff AND the CC is right there, so you can feel like you're near the kids while skiing the single or double. There is no better daycare option.

Win