PDA

View Full Version : Pet friendly lodging

bvibert
11-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know of any dog friendly lodging in the valley? We sometimes like to travel with our small dog, but its often hard to find a place that accepts dogs and a place that will watch them while you're skiing...

ALLSKIING
11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Its a cocker right..Just stick him in your ski bag :wink: Try asking King over at AZ I bet he would let you.

bvibert
11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Its a cocker right..Just stick him in your ski bag :wink: Try asking King over at AZ I bet he would let you.

Yeah, she's a cocker. Its not getting her in the room I'd be worried about, its the occasional bark... ;) We have no plans to bring her up there right now, I just wanted to know for future reference.

noski
11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
One thing you can do is get a 4 Season Guide (order free from www.madrivervalley.com). In the lodging section at the back, there is a grid and Pet Friendly is one of the columns. Then depending on availability, timing, etc, you can see what's available. Ones that come to mind include Golden Lion (motel/efficiencies), Powderhound (efficiency condos/affordable), Weathertop Mountain Inn (nice, takes pets on limited basis), Millbrook Inn (limited basis), Farm on Mad River, Garrison, Hyde Away. There are others. You can see all these on the mrv site.

bvibert
11-18-2005, 08:46 PM
One thing you can do is get a 4 Season Guide (order free from www.madrivervalley.com). In the lodging section at the back, there is a grid and Pet Friendly is one of the columns. Then depending on availability, timing, etc, you can see what's available. Ones that come to mind include Golden Lion (motel/efficiencies), Powderhound (efficiency condos/affordable), Weathertop Mountain Inn (nice, takes pets on limited basis), Millbrook Inn (limited basis), Farm on Mad River, Garrison, Hyde Away. There are others. You can see all these on the mrv site.

Thanks, thats more than I figured we'd have to choose from if we decide to take her to the area! I'll have to get one of those guides.

KingM
11-18-2005, 08:51 PM
We do allow pets at the Golden Lion. The only other place that I know about in the Valley that consistently allows dogs is the Powderhound. Some of the others allow pets with caveats (i.e., they must be neutered), but I don't know the specifics.