PDA

View Full Version : Opening day! Nov 19th

Lostone
11-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Did you go?

Hint... If you post that you did before the 19th... We'll know you're fibbing! :roll: :lol:

Tin Woodsman
11-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Anyone have any insightson the expansion plan for snowmaking coverage? Moving to Upper FIS next perhaps? Or is it a full Rim Run and most of Elbow first to eastablish two ways to the Summit Quad? Then what? Is there a typical MO for early season ops?

11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
WWF-VT post this on AZ:

From Sugarbush web site

For the first day of the season, we'll be up and downloading on Green Mtn Express and skiing & riding off the Summit Chair.

Lift Openings: - 8:00am GMX/Summit

Last Chairs - 2:45 up GMX & 3:15 up Summit

Super Early Season Pricing:
$25 for Adults, $20 for Young Adults and $15 for Juniors & Seniors

Lostone
11-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Normal plan is to do Upper Rim Run to Lower Rim Run. This time they've worked Elbow. Next has to be either Lower Rim Run or Looking good, then FIS. (You need a way down from FIS! :wink: )

My guess is Lower Rim Run, then FIS. 8)

KingM
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I have to admit there is a small part of me that is glad that they won't have much open yet, since I still haven't got my pass in the mail. It's tough enough to sit it out as it is.

The temps look favorable for snow making for the next week. With any luck, we'll get some snow showers to help out the machines.

Lostone
11-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Word on the hill (And yes, there were people on the hill today... training) was that the little bit of snow we got overnight was a real sweet topping. :)

I'm not supposed to go up tomorrow, either. :cry:

Not a real problem, tho. First day is almost always a zoo. Maybe Sunday... Monday! :D