PDA

View Full Version : First MRG topic...

bvibert
11-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I just couldn't leave this forum empty so I had to post something! ;)

Any word on MRG's projected opening date? All their site says is sometime after Thanksgiving...

Tin Woodsman
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM

Any word on MRG's projected opening date? All their site says is sometime after Thanksgiving...

It's always dependent upon Ma Nature. They don't bother just opening for the heck of it on just the Practice Slope (where they have a few snow guns). Given the weather pattern we're in, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened by the first week in December.

ALLSKIING
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM

It's always dependent upon Ma Nature. They don't bother just opening for the heck of it on just the Practice Slope (where they have a few snow guns). Given the weather pattern we're in, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened by the first week in December.
There was talk about a storm around the 25th..That would help.

11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
There was talk about a storm around the 25th..That would help.
Yeah? Where'd you read that? ;)

ALLSKIING
11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Well...its not a big strom but its something..
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Warren&state=VT&site=BTV

bvibert
11-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Well...its not a big strom but its something..
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Warren&state=VT&site=BTV

We'll take whatever we can get at this point.

Tin Woodsman
11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Over at www.easternuswx.com, there's a big discussion about a possible nor'easter around Nov 28. Regardless, the cold is locked in until at least mid-December. If it gets stormy, we'll see MRG open sooner rather than later. Maybe even a repeat of December 2003? I recall calling in sick the second Monday of the month b/c MRG was expecting its second 2' dump in a week and was going to be wide open. Got first tracks for the year on Fall Line, then hit just about everywhere else off the Single. I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.

smootharc
11-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.

....you're lucky to be alive, man...sure that wasn't a dream ?

:wink:

11-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Over at www.easternuswx.com, there's a big discussion about a possible nor'easter around Nov 28. Regardless, the cold is locked in until at least mid-December. If it gets stormy, we'll see MRG open sooner rather than later. Maybe even a repeat of December 2003? I recall calling in sick the second Monday of the month b/c MRG was expecting its second 2' dump in a week and was going to be wide open. Got first tracks for the year on Fall Line, then hit just about everywhere else off the Single. I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.
If that happens again this December, I may just have to make the 4 hour drive and do it as a day trip! :shock:

bvibert
11-23-2005, 11:44 AM
If that happens again this December, I may just have to make the 4 hour drive and do it as a day trip! :shock:
Wanna pick me up on the way by? I can help with the driving duties! ;)

11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Wanna pick me up on the way by? I can help with the driving duties! ;)
Deal.

Dr. NO
11-30-2005, 06:43 PM
You get a dump in December while I'm at K, I'll be there mid week for sure. Need to hook up with a knowledgable MRG skier to show me the way. Last year was my first and I'm hooked, but the wife just doesn't cut it for MRG skiing.

Falk
12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Just show her around birdland

noski
12-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Just show her around birdland
Even I skiied birdland. My bumper sticker: "Mad River Glen, If I Can, You Can." just need sharp scissors to make it say that.

SKItheBOAT
12-06-2005, 11:18 PM
December of 2003 was when i officially became hooked to Mad River. It was unbeleivable...woods and cliffs a few weeks before x-mas was simply amazing. The snow was pretty deep for sure. If i recall right however it rained right before x-mas and ruined the skiing for a while :(.