PDA

View Full Version : Ski West Question

ThinkSno
11-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Planning to ski Colorado for the first time in 20+ years (with a ski buddy of 30 years-- we usually ski UT).

Staying in the vicinity of Breckenridge, Copper, Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, Vail & Beaver Creek.

Anyone have suggestions for best plan of attack of these hills?

We've only previously skied in this area at Vail.

Thanks!

Hawk
11-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Ya, hit the dispensary first. LOL

Kidding aside. I liked Vail the best when we were out there but its super expensive. But Copper and Breck are cool. I also liked Beaver Creek but I had comp tickets and it snowed about 3 feet when we were there so my perspective might be warped. All I can say is hit'em all and make your own experiences. You can't go wrong when on vacation. Breck and Keystone have good trees as does Vail. Food is really good at Vail.

pinnoke
11-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Planning to ski Colorado for the first time in 20+ years (with a ski buddy of 30 years-- we usually ski UT).

Staying in the vicinity of Breckenridge, Copper, Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, Vail & Beaver Creek.

Anyone have suggestions for best plan of attack of these hills?

We've only previously skied in this area at Vail.

Thanks!

#1) give yourself a day at the start to acclimate to the much higher-than-Utah elevation. Either skip the first day, and/or start with a day at Loveland, working your way west
#2) stay hydrated...H2O is crucial
#3) consider Loveland or Winter Park, once again, for final day en route to Denver...anything to cut down on traffic if you're driving back to airport on a weekend day