PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Storm . . . Hmm . . .

_Ski
01-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Discuss . . .

. . . definitely should free up some low angle . .

HowieT2
01-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Discuss . . .

. . . definitely should free up some low angle . .

Couple inches. Most welcome. Definitely helpful but not freeing up anything for me.

_Ski
01-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Snowing pretty good now in the Tweed Valley . .

djd66
01-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Agree,... I think we will get more than they are talking about.

cdskier
01-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Hope you all are enjoying it. I'm missing out. On the drive up last night the abs light came on in my truck and then shortly after that noticed a scraping noise in the front end when making turns. Suspected the wheel bearings were going but no one in the valley was open today to fix it. Ended up making it down to Rutland this morning to hopefully have it fixed.

winjr
01-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Our forecast this morning is calling for 2-3" tonight, 1-2 tomorrow and 1-2" Monday night. He is often conservative. I think the morning will be sweet!

tedwillie
01-17-2016, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking about heading up for Wednesday given the forecast for tonight and the next couple days...sounds sweet. My sister said the hike to Castlerock was well worth it to avoid the crowds and the snow was great yesterday. Said it was icy today though.

So how much snow actually fell from this system? I don't want to seem like I'm harping on the Snow Report all the time but the snowfall reporting is maddening sometimes.

Yesterday afternoon the 2pm update said 1" of snow fell during the day (while the snowfall table said 3-3-2)...then today it says another 4" since yesterday afternoon? My sister who is at our condo this weekend said the snow stopped falling at like 1pm yesterday? This to me sounds like another 4" fell last evening and night? And the Snowfall Table still shows 3-3-3.

I guess my question is how much snow fell after 1pm yesterday. My sister said flurries but the report says 4".

Status update for Sun, Jan 17

1:30 PM

We're closing out the weekend with the most open trails in the East. We've been enjoying excellent conditions, thanks to our snow makers and Mother Nature, who rewarded us with 18" of fresh snow this week, including an additional 4" since yesterday afternoon.

steamboat1
01-17-2016, 11:19 PM
Our forecast this morning is calling for 2-3" tonight, 1-2 tomorrow and 1-2" Monday night. He is often conservative. I think the morning will be sweet!

Works for me.

HowieT2
01-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Wow was today good. Good stuff.

djd66
01-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Wow was today good. Good stuff.

Yep, one of the best days of the season for our crew.

Hawk
01-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Windy today. Upslope Machine has also been turned on. They are forecasting a few inches. All Good. Not looking positive on the Saturday Storm. Models seem to be in agreement that it will go south but I'm not giving up yet. Everybody focus on the system and draw it north!

Didn't see you this weekend Howie. Didn't make it out to North so I assume that is where you were.

HowieT2
01-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Windy today. Upslope Machine has also been turned on. They are forecasting a few inches. All Good. Not looking positive on the Saturday Storm. Models seem to be in agreement that it will go south but I'm not giving up yet. Everybody focus on the system and draw it north!

Didn't see you this weekend Howie. Didn't make it out to North so I assume that is where you were.

skied north saturday, then lp sunday and monday.

keep the faith for the weekend storm, there's still time.

winjr
01-19-2016, 03:57 PM
It is raining in Squaw Valley. Usually snows when I leave so keep the faith!

Benski
01-19-2016, 04:23 PM
It is raining in Squaw Valley. Usually snows when I leave so keep the faith!

I am sure they are happy to get the precipitation even if it is rain.

nhskier1969
01-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Anyone know how much the mountain got today. All the resort around them are reporting some decent snow. I haven't seen any new updates on SB website yet about new snow.

cdskier
01-19-2016, 07:40 PM
MRG says they received 3-5 during the day today, so I'd guess SB should be right around that as well.

HowieT2
01-19-2016, 07:47 PM
So I just went on the website and it says zero 24 hour, and zero 48 hour. Which is not even possible because I was there yesterday and they got snow.

djd66
01-19-2016, 08:39 PM
So I just went on the website and it says zero 24 hour, and zero 48 hour. Which is not even possible because I was there yesterday and they got snow.

I was there today - it definitely snowed. Not sure what the total was - as it was blowing all over the place. I would guess 3-5 is about right. Bummer we could not get on the lifts today. Tomorrow should be real nice!

cdskier
01-19-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking they didn't update the snow totals since they want to wait until patrol or someone has a chance to actually look at the snow stakes. My guess is with the lifts shut down all day they didn't go up the hill to do that later today.

wolftracks56
01-20-2016, 04:41 AM
In village 2-4 but wind transported ,it blew somewhere !! Today will be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gostan
01-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately all of the current Boston forecasts call for the weekend storm to be more coastal & southerly of Vermont. Of course, as we all know, this can change. I am doing my best to assist a more northerly flow as I am leavimg for Utah tomorrow. But even Josh Fox is doubtful.

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/2016/01/big-weekend-noreaster-still-appears-to.html

Hawk
01-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Site says 4". Probably the best guess considering the level of the wind yesterday pushing around the snow. They are opening castlerock and are saying 100% open. Hopefully they are underestimating.

HowieT2
01-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately all of the current Boston forecasts call for the weekend storm to be more coastal & southerly of Vermont. Of course, as we all know, this can change. I am doing my best to assist a more northerly flow as I am leavimg for Utah tomorrow. But even Josh Fox is doubtful.

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/2016/01/big-weekend-noreaster-still-appears-to.html

There is no model support for us to get anything right now. I'm still holding out hope for a miracle but there is no science behind it. Gonna keep the faith until tonight. If no major shift north by then, I'm done.