PDA

View Full Version : Rip

jwt
12-29-2015, 09:26 PM
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/12/29/ski-great-stein-eriksen-dies-at-age-88/

djd66
12-30-2015, 11:39 AM
In addition to Stein passing, I just learned last night that a local legend Jack Lonsdale - the longtime bar tender at Chez Henri passed away Monday night. RIP Jack.

cdskier
12-30-2015, 11:49 AM
In addition to Stein passing, I just learned last night that a local legend Jack Lonsdale - the longtime bar tender at Chez Henri passed away Monday night. RIP Jack.

I just saw him out the Monday before Christmas at Peasant with a few people celebrating his birthday. I didn't know him personally other than knowing who he was, but he always seemed full of energy and like a really nice guy. RIP Jack.

winjr
12-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Jack was a wonderful man. He was a ski instructor for Sigi and as often said, he was the best educated Bartender in Vermont. He had many friends here in the Valley and will be greatly missed.

Hawk
12-30-2015, 05:37 PM
This was totally a shock to us. We were at Chez Henri on Monday and Bernard and Kate told us how Jack was rushed to the hospital that morning and was stable at that point. I guess things went downhill. I can't express how terrible we fell about his passing. I will miss the many conversations we had over a glass of wine while waiting for a table. or during one of the many extended lunches on a crowded or not so favorable day. He had a wonderful way about him. Rest in Peace Jack.

winjr
01-08-2016, 08:51 AM
The family is having a memorial service for Jack on Friday, January 22nd. It will be from 6-9pm in the Gatehouse Lodge. It is starting later to allow our second homeowner friends of Jack to attend. Please pass this along. Earlier in the day their will be a funeral mass for Jack at the Lady of the Snows Catholic Church in Waitsfield. There is a nice obituary of Jack in this week's Valley Reporter.

Hawk
01-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the info Win. We will be attending.

ducky
01-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Obit in the Sunday NYT.