PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Spring Pass

Boxtop Willie
03-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Anybody know if they are going to offer a Spring pass again this year?

jwt
03-03-2015, 03:38 PM

http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/spring-triple

shadyjay
03-06-2015, 05:23 PM

The above link is outdated - it's from last year.

In an e-mail I just received, look for spring passes to go on sale around March 21.

Also, $30 Thursdays at Mt Ellen has been extended through Thursday April 3rd, so the extra week at Mt Ellen looks to be a full week-long operation, vs weekend-only as in the past.

And finally, Win has mentioned in his latest Win's Word that the Valley House side will not be the last holdout as in years past, so that work on the new lift can begin around April 1. Extra snow was made on Downspout, Ripcord, and Gondolier to keep that going as long as possible.

Hawk
03-09-2015, 07:00 AM
I really love the new lift going in. Unfortunately this will mean that we will not see late April Skiing. There is no way they will be able to keep Upper Jester and Downspout or lower jester covered so that we can so we can exit the mountain at the end of the day. I guess I will finish the year at Killington on the glacier.

The above link is outdated - it's from last year.

In an e-mail I just received, look for spring passes to go on sale around March 21.

Also, $30 Thursdays at Mt Ellen has been extended through Thursday April 3rd, so the extra week at Mt Ellen looks to be a full week-long operation, vs weekend-only as in the past.

And finally, Win has mentioned in his latest Win's Word that the Valley House side will not be the last holdout as in years past, so that work on the new lift can begin around April 1. Extra snow was made on Downspout, Ripcord, and Gondolier to keep that going as long as possible.

Boxtop Willie
03-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Looks like K-Mart is offering a Spring pass good from March 14 through the end of their season. The Nor'Beaster for $199.
Hope SB does something similar.

shadyjay
03-09-2015, 04:04 PM
I really love the new lift going in. Unfortunately this will mean that we will not see late April Skiing. There is no way they will be able to keep Upper Jester and Downspout or lower jester covered so that we can so we can exit the mountain at the end of the day.

Why do you say this, Hawk? During the 2010/2011 season, we ended with Heaven's Gate and had a top-to-bottom route available, and the last day was May 1. That weekend was when the groomer broke down on Jester corners and couldn't be moved all weekend. The following season we ended in the beginning of April with Stein's but that was the season where we had little snow and 90 degrees in March. Barring a repeat of those temps, I see no reason why we can't make it to the first weekend of May. Downspout and Ripcord are buried and there is quite a bit of snow on the Lower Jester runout between CR Cutoff and Gondo. Those piles can be pushed out, plus all the snow from Coffee Run can also be pushed.

We've done it before, and can do it again.

Hawk
03-10-2015, 06:57 AM
We will see. If the temps stay cold and we don't get a lot of Spring Rain and Fog. I mean logically it is easier to maintain 2 north facing shadier trails(Steins and Coffee Run) then Jester and Downspout that have problems with melt out almost every year. You point out 10'-11' but that was clearly an anomaly. Most years we lose the connecting trials and they close the HG lift.

Do you want to wager that we do not make the weekend of 4/25?

HowieT2
03-10-2015, 08:04 AM
We will see. If the temps stay cold and we don't get a lot of Spring Rain and Fog. I mean logically it is easier to maintain 2 north facing shadier trails(Steins and Coffee Run) then Jester and Downspout that have problems with melt out almost every year. You point out 10'-11' but that was clearly an anomaly. Most years we lose the connecting trials and they close the HG lift.

True, but most years they dont make extra snow on those trails in anticipation of spring.

othripper
03-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't it be great if they decided to end the season at the summit lift at North? Base elevation over 3K, great lodge with killer deck for bands. Easy downloading. Lots of sun. Wouldn't it be great?

HowieT2
03-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't it be great if they decided to end the season at the summit lift at North? Base elevation over 3K, great lodge with killer deck for bands. Easy downloading. Lots of sun. Wouldn't it be great?

Sure. not happening.

shadyjay
03-10-2015, 01:22 PM

Nope... not a betting man. 'Cause if I did wager, it would magically turn 90 degrees for the rest of the month and kill the snowpack.

Howie did hit the nail on the head though as far as [what I hope] will save us. The extra snow we made on Downspout, down to Gondolier. Just look at some of those piles.

Hawk
03-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Nope.

Hawk
03-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Nope... not a betting man. 'Cause if I did wager, it would magically turn 90 degrees for the rest of the month and kill the snowpack.

Howie did hit the nail on the head though as far as [what I hope] will save us. The extra snow we made on Downspout, down to Gondolier. Just look at some of those piles.

HA, HA, HA.......True enough. That is how it works for me when I bet.
They put extra snow on Ripchord but did they put extra on upper Jester or downspout.? If they didn't how are they going to get people down? Jester is looking thin btw.

Hawk
03-10-2015, 02:15 PM

Not really. Not a north fan. Sorry.

shadyjay
03-10-2015, 04:13 PM
HA, HA, HA.......True enough. That is how it works for me when I bet.
They put extra snow on Ripchord but did they put extra on upper Jester or downspout.? If they didn't how are they going to get people down? Jester is looking thin btw.

We made a TON on Downspout, Lower Downspout, and Lower (Lower) Jester. Just look at the section between Castlerock Cutoff and Header. Plus, plenty to push if need be. Coffee Run for example.

Jester we made a bunch and did our usual "return for the corners" mission. Whether it all holds up or not, we will see.

win
03-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Spring pass is going on sale next weekend and valid from Monday, March 23rd to the end of the season. $199. Shady Jay said what I would have. I believe we will be skiing long into April and will shoot for first weekend in May as in past years. Next years passes go on sale next weekend too.