PDA

View Full Version : The Deflategate Super Bowl Thread: NE Patriots v Seattle Seahawks

gostan
01-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Once again my Patriots have their reputation being tarnished. Bill Belicheck at his Thursday morning press conference gave an 11 minute statement stating that he has never discussed inflation of footballs with any player or person associated with the team. Bill also said that Tom handles the footballs, why don't you ask him. Brady has a press conference at 4 pm today. Hopefully between what Brady says today and what the NFL may say tomorrow ( the NFL has to close this chapter now with SB week hype about to begin), Deflategate can be put to a close and we can get on with the game talk. I already feel bad for some poor ball guy who is likely going to lose his job.

Post all of your talk and thoughts about the Super Bowl here.

Hawk
01-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Sour grapes at it's best. HA! Pats haters are going to loose their minds. This is how all this is going to go down.
Kraft and Goodell are Buds and Kraft is one of the most respected NFL owners and King pins. They will squash this. The investigation will find that there is no clear evidence to point the finger at any person. Since the rules were not followed they will fine Bellichick some trivial amount and the show will go on. This will lead to wide spread pissing and moaning from the haters.

The press is also taking it to the next level with all kinds of crazy calls to fire Belichick and throw out the Pats form the super bowl. I don't think so. The ratings for this game are already trending to be huge and all the tickets, brochures, arraignments, advertisements, etc. are all well in play. The league would loose millions if they did. No F-ing way. Not going to happen.

gostan
01-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Completely agree that national press is taking this way too far. But This is not just about Pats haters. A lot of fans are upset that this could happen at all; especially since it had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game with the Colts who got outplayed in every single aspect of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djd66
01-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Look at the pic from Belickick’s press conference,… Gillete is promoting their new Razor – ironically called “Flexball” You would have thought someone would have said we should change the backdrop.

Hawk
01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
This is what they should do going forward. They give the ball to the teams before the game and then the teams can inflate or deflate the balls (within reason) to any pressure they want. That way it is an equal playing field and we will see a better product on bad weather days.

Orca
01-22-2015, 11:41 AM
Supersonics????????? :shock: Someone is mixing up balls with different shapes.

HowieT2
01-22-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm a Giants and Raiders fan. As a Giant fan, I have no animus towards the Pats since we've bested them in the last 2 superbowls. As a Raider fan however, I will never forget the tuck bullshit and wish the pats get what's coming to them. That being said, I think the nfl comes down hard on this. like fines draft picks and maybe a suspension for belicheck next season. couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

gostan
01-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Supersonics????????? :shock: Someone is mixing up balls with different shapes. Thanks for pointing out my gaff. I will reach out to Nick to change the title. Probably a carryover from my brain radiation, or just have been listening to too much discussion of inflation of balls.

Nick
01-22-2015, 03:13 PM
go patriots :)

gostan
01-22-2015, 05:37 PM
go patriots :)
With all this ball inflation bs the Pats are either going to be super motivated and kick Seattle in the butt, or get theirs kicked. With 10 days to go, I do not see this as a close game.

Thanks Nick.

gostan
01-27-2015, 08:31 AM
Obviously the Team Is more important than the League. About time Mr. Kraft.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12233567/robert-kraft-new-england-patriots-expects-apology-nfl-find-deflategate-culprit

gostan
02-01-2015, 06:57 AM
I will go on record with two predictions:

1. Patriots 27 -Seattle 17

2. Roger Goodel will lose his job.

gostan
02-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Congratulations to the NE Patriots on Their 4th Super Bowl and another foot of white confetti to go on top of the last 36 inch storm. My driveway here in the lowlands is simply overwhelmed.

Hawk
02-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Seattle Fans now can understand what it was like for us Boston Fans prior to 2001. I can remember from some of my earliest memories my Father saying, "Maybe next year" . God givith, God takith away. ;-)

HowieT2
02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Seattle Fans now can understand what it was like for us Boston Fans prior to 2001. I can remember from some of my earliest memories my Father saying, "Maybe next year" . God givith, God takith away. ;-)

but in this case, it was their coach who gaveth away. thats gonna sting for a long time

angler
02-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Worst call in Super Bowl History! You have the best running back in the NFL this year on the 1/2 yard line you give the ball to the beast, its that simple!

gostan
02-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Belicheck helped Pete choke the big one. 9 out of 10 coaches would have called a time out. Not Belicheck. He learned from the Giants Super Bowl when he let Giants score to go ahead & Pats could only Get to midfield & lost. Pete & the Seahawks did not have a play ready so they passed. Much better for Pats to defend a pass than a run. Belicheck believed in his defense. Pete crapped out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angler
02-03-2015, 08:25 PM
I disagree with that, it is just as easy to call a run as it is a pass. In fact it is more difficult to pass then run. Bellicheck had nothing to do with Pete choking, IMO Pete got to cute for himself.

gostan
02-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Angler, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But Carroll was not prepared when BB failed to call the expected time out. He had already blown his other 2 time outs with ill preparation. Pete is a great cheerleader, a lousy tactician and a choke. He had plenty of time left on the clock to try one run, call a time out and then throw two passes or one incomplete pass and another run. But he played the clock instead of trying to score because he was afraid to leave Brady with 20 seconds and two time outs. The Seattle dynasty is over and that team will never play the same for Pistol Pete. On to baseball season. I mean ski season.

Hawk
02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Giving the ball to Lynch seemed to be the obvious call and would most likely gave them the win. But if Butler did not make that absolutely ridiculous All Pro type play then we all would be saying that Carroll was a genius and he out Belichicked Bill Belichick! It is obviously easy to say this and that but circumstances are easy calculate after the fact. This is why I said "God Givith and God Takith away". There was no way that guy should have made that catch and there is no way that butler should have made that interception.

angler
02-04-2015, 08:02 AM
I think we might be saying the same thing just getting they a different way. I agree he choked but Bellicheck not calling a time out should never had made a difference. Shit, you're an NFL coach with a Super Bowl win, a college national championship, so one would think they played this scenario out countless times and would know exactly what to do regardless of Bellicheck. Clearly not! More powder on the way enjoy!