PDA

View Full Version : Mt Ellen uphill?

skierdon
11-07-2014, 11:19 AM
I was checking out the update on the recent VTBC meeting and noticed this blurb about Mt. Ellen uphill. Anyone have more details?

http://backcountrymagazine.com/stories/backcountry-future-vt-bc-forum/

"Other noteworthy announcements included mentions of developing backcountry glades on Sterling Ridge near Stowe and Sugarbush’s approval for uphill traffic on Mt. Ellen."

Hawk
11-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Dam, with that announcement traffic just went up about 1,000,000%. I realized that people pushed for this but those who were smart enough to just discretely ski and stay under the radar have already enjoyed a quiet, peaceful, untracked paradise. Again I can never understand how some people have to look for approval to do anything when common sense and good judgment always work better.

stovepipe
11-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Word I got at a pre season meeting was... Stay tuned the mountain is going to announce a updated "UpHill" Policy. As many are aware ,the skin for your turns crowd has been on the rise at Resorts. For many of us -even though we have a pass we like to get some "Uphill Time" to stay in shape for that Big trip of the season we have planned. JC

Hawk
11-11-2014, 07:44 AM
I totally understand being a skinning pass holder. What I don't understand is the need to push for a policy. I guess if people are new to it all they don't understand what this is going to do for those who are already there. Just Saying. I have never been a Rule or policy type of person. Common Sense and Good Judgments is the set of rules that I follow.

Word I got at a pre season meeting was... Stay tuned the mountain is going to announce a updated "UpHill" Policy. As many are aware ,the skin for your turns crowd has been on the rise at Resorts. For many of us -even though we have a pass we like to get some "Uphill Time" to stay in shape for that Big trip of the season we have planned. JC