PDA

View Full Version : Slidebrook Skier Beware!

Treeskier
01-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Fellow Tree Skiers beware !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tXVSY92Mkic

gostan
01-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Video comes up as private not viewable for me.

Hawk
01-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Same for me.

Spartan82
01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Ditto

skimore
01-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Must have been so Good (Sh$#^!) he does not even want to share it.

Treeskier
01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
The video is now public.

djd66
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
The video is now public.

Not sure why anyone would go in there now,... there's like 12" on snow on the ground - not nearly enough to safely ski in there.

gostan
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Fellow Tree Skiers beware !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tXVSY92Mkic

Not sure why anyone would go in there now,... there's like 12" on snow on the ground - not nearly enough to safely ski in there.Treeskier would not disagree, but his point in posting the video appears to be to show that there has been no cleanup or maintenance .

HowieT2
01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I saw tracks going into slidebrook last weekend and couldnt believe it. I'm pretty adventurous but that is just silly.

Hawk
01-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Stan is right. The video is trying to show that the slidebrook woods had no maintenance at all for the past 2 year. In years past the mountain would allow our group of longtime faithful to go into slidebrook for a weekend to do maintenance. They would even give us a voucher for our participation. They stopped that 2 years ago with basically no reason. I would imagine it's that insurance thing again. At any rate the hobble brush is getting taller and there are blow downs everywhere. I would strongly advise everybody to really take care this year.

BTW - yes it was silly and thin. But is was fun.

sbskier
01-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Stan is right. The video is trying to show that the slidebrook woods had no maintenance at all for the past 2 year. In years past the mountain would allow our group of longtime faithful to go into slidebrook for a weekend to do maintenance. They would even give us a voucher for our participation. They stopped that 2 years ago with basically no reason. I would imagine it's that insurance thing again. At any rate the hobble brush is getting taller and there are blow downs everywhere. I would strongly advise everybody to really take care this year.

BTW - yes it was silly and thin. But is was fun.

They didn.t do any trail work on the mountain there are tree's and limbs down on several trails