PDA

View Full Version : Lodge Muzak

beelze
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Well I'll probably tweak a few here but... honestly, is it possible to move the music choices into something appropriate for those under 65? I wanted to hit my head against the wall hearing "Can't get what you want" for the millionth time today. Keeping in mind that even those hitting 50 were in their 20s in the 80s... could we at least try to mix it up better? Some 80s? 90s? Maybe my timing is just really unlucky but when ever I'm in hearing distance its always the 60s love fest.

Hawk
03-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey what ever you like man! Just as long as it doesn't go to Hip hop and Rap, it's all good. BTW "Can't get what you want" is a Joe Jackson tune from 1984. Did you mean the Stones tune "You can't always get want you want"?

shadyjay
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, we did try the 90s station, Lithium, a couple of years ago. That experiment ended quick.

I believe right now the present station they have on is the Spectrum. I'd prefer Classic Rewind, 'cause at least the music is more classic rock. At times, Margaritaville has played. If it were up to me, I'd put on the Highway or the Grateful Dead channel. For some reason, seems like way too many people revolt when I play country at my lift of the day, though.

beelze
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Hey what ever you like man! Just as long as it doesn't go to Hip hop and Rap, it's all good. BTW "Can't get what you want" is a Joe Jackson tune from 1984. Did you mean the Stones tune "You can't always get want you want"? Yes, sorry left out the always..brain freeze.

beelze
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Well my 2 cents woiuld be the change it every hour or if that is too much to ask from the desk guy, every day? Country is fine... the Dead fall into the same category as the Stones... and I've been to shows of each so its not that I hate them but just kinda played out to hear all the time? I don't have the sat radio so not familar with the offerings but there must be 70s/80s/90s/country/new country/old country etc, etc. I'd advocate for some punk too but the over 80 skiiers might riot :)

Benski
03-19-2013, 08:46 PM
The quality of the music on Sirius is terrible so if the song does not suck you should stick with it.

Hawk
03-20-2013, 07:38 AM
They should use Pandora.
I guess you don't like Shawns mix at the Castlerock then Beelze? I have to admit that I am a Dead fan and love to hear the live shows apre. I love all kinds of misic, especially classic andcontemprary Jazz. Lately I have been listening to the Grifts CD's. Pretty darn good for a small band from VT. To me it's all good until i start hearing the latest Pop, Rap and kiddie music. It lacks serious soul.

HowieT2
03-20-2013, 11:11 AM
agree about the music in the gatehouse. Not the mountains fault as sirius has gotten so bad it is almost unbearable. I cancelled my subscription in 1 car and use pandora instead. less commercials, no talk and most importantly, it plays good tunes. I can't listen to any of sirius stations for more than one song.

win
03-20-2013, 11:57 AM
I thought everyone on this blogs was outdoors skiing and riding all day?

HowieT2
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM

I wish. in my dreams. reality is im in the office.

Benski
03-20-2013, 08:26 PM

not while we wait at the super bravo or are walking around the lodge.

Crocker
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
So, what's the favorite--random playlist or complete Dead show? Cornell '77, Highgate, Bill Graham Memorial Show--C-rock will plug it in if you want it!

ducky
03-21-2013, 06:13 AM
How about turning off the music and enjoying the great outdoors. Any music takes away from the experience, imo.

Mt St Pipier
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
Clearly need to spend more time in the woods if you're complaining. I've always enjoyed the music at Sugarbush. Find myself humming or singing along sometimes. Granted Sirius has gotten worse over the years, but the classic rock I hear most weekends is fine. And I'll never tire of Rush at the top of Bravo, although that might be showing my age .

Hawk
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
How about turning off the music and enjoying the great outdoors. Any music takes away from the experience, imo.
No. Music haters not welcome in this thred. ;-)
Beside this is about Apre/Lunch/Pre-ski. Actually this is not a big deal to me as I just like background music at the base. Actually it kind of falls in the same category as the flag poles at North. It just realy doesn't matter does it.

ThinkSno
03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Actually it kind of falls in the same category as the flag poles at North. It just realy doesn't matter does it.

Yes, just like the opinions expressed on this site.

beelze
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I guess all I am suggesting is to mix it up a bit and weight things a little more to more modern times. Whats the average (adult) age of the customers? Probably declines as the week goes on but were I to guess.. 40? I'm not sure that age group, +/- a few is really stoked about hearing stones, dead, who while they are having lunch or beers or just passing through. Pandora is probably a good call.

Hawk
03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, just like the opinions expressed on this site.

Bingo. Now you are getting it.

So don't take it so personnally. So what is the deal with the poles? Do they speak to you or something?

Hawk
03-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I guess all I am suggesting is to mix it up a bit and weight things a little more to more modern times. Whats the average (adult) age of the customers? Probably declines as the week goes on but were I to guess.. 40? I'm not sure that age group, +/- a few is really stoked about hearing stones, dead, who while they are having lunch or beers or just passing through. Pandora is probably a good call.

I think this is funny becasue I was saying a few weeks ago how I loved the music and the vibe in the village as I walked through. then this thread came up. LOL Yes I am in that demographic that you speak of. it's real groovy man.

ThinkSno
03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Hawk, they're sort of like Shawn at the CRP. For years and years, while hanging out in the lodge, I remember always seeing them, they were a fixture of the place. It was nice having them there. They gave the lodge a slightly more stately but yet friendly, welcoming feel.

I was surprised to have the flag poles vanish, and no one seemed to know why, or if they would be coming back. Imagine if Shawn suddenly vanished from the CRP, and no one knew why or if he'd be back....