PDA

View Full Version : Late MarchFun?

JohnQuinn
03-14-2013, 05:15 AM
What has the mountain looked like over the last few days (since Sunday March 10)? I have a group of guys that are on the fence about coming out from the mid west for the week of Mar 23-30 but looking at trail count this last little warm up did NOT do any favors for the mountain! But it is hard to tell from southern NH if that is for trail preservation OR because there just isn't anything left to ski... After the Castlerock Challenge, I know the bottom portion of Castlerock was getting... thin to say the least and I would not be surprised if the bridge on Cotillion was no longer. But how about the rest of it? Is ther anything left in the woods? Ripped Ice was SWEET on Sunday, so I can't imagine it's done but you nver know... 50+ and wind does a number on the white stuff. It looks like we have astretch of cold coming to maintain what we have.

Just trying to determine if folks should be buying tix and head east... Thanks!

ducky
03-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Got a fat inch at 1700' last night after some rain Tuesday. It is cold and the tree branches are covered with snow this morning and it is still snowing. Looks like winter out my window. No way to know what March 22nd will bring. I am skiing today.

HowieT2
03-14-2013, 08:20 AM
looks like considerably more than an inch at the base on the webcam.

shadyjay
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
8" of new accumulation today. Compared to how things looked Wed AM after the r@!n, it's a complete 180. At 8:30 this morning, it was dumping so hard at the top of Gate House that I could not see Slide Brook or North Lynx from my perch. The Rock is reopening tomorrow for hiking only. And another storm coming for early next week.

This time of year, you never know.

Hawk
03-15-2013, 07:20 AM
I think that the snow will make things good on the snowmaking trails with good base. I would not bring good/new skis on any of the natural trials. 8" of blower will not go far as I am sure the Friday Ski Club will eat it all up!