PDA

View Full Version : The Grift at Castlerock Pub Saturday Night!

Crocker
02-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Saturday Night The Grift play Castlerock Pub with Narragansett specials and giveaways! Stop by early and check out the High Fives presentation at 6:30--Roy wants to see you for this worthwhile cause! Kitchen's open 'till 9:00 and the Madbus (496-RIDE) runs all night so come on up for this great night at the Pub!

Crocker
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
....and it's worth mentioning that we have doubled our staff for nights that The Grift play--so you can have your music and enjoy a beer, too!

djd66
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
....and it's worth mentioning that we have doubled our staff for nights that The Grift play--so you can have your music and enjoy a beer, too!

How about doubling or even tripling the staff during happy hour??? Just sayin,.... I can't tell you how many times I have just left CRP (or waited 10 minutes for a beer) because of the poor service. That is one area of the mountain that could use some major improvement.

Hawk
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I have never waited for a beer at the castlerock. Well no longer than a couple of minutes. Tip Shawn and Richard big early in the season and talk to them. Once they know you they will get to you faster. There is another secret that is even faster but I am not going to give it away as it is so good. Experience my boy. Experience! Besides do you think those guys want to split the tip pool with more people? It's not going to happen. Sorry.

southvillager
03-01-2013, 09:29 AM
How about doubling or even tripling the staff during happy hour??? Just sayin,.... I can't tell you how many times I have just left CRP (or waited 10 minutes for a beer) because of the poor service. That is one area of the mountain that could use some major improvement.

Agreed.

Tip Shawn and Richard big early in the season and talk to them. Once they know you they will get to you faster.

Holy crap. This says it all.

djd66
03-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I have never waited for a beer at the castlerock. Well no longer than a couple of minutes. Tip Shawn and Richard big early in the season and talk to them. Once they know you they will get to you faster. There is another secret that is even faster but I am not going to give it away as it is so good. Experience my boy. Experience! Besides do you think those guys want to split the tip pool with more people? It's not going to happen. Sorry.

Talk about "drinking the Kool-Aid"!

Your kidding right??? You have never waited for a beer at CRP??? I have been coming to the bush for the past 10 years - I ski every weekend and yes, I am a very heavy tipper + a regular customer. It does not make a difference. When it is busy - the service sucks. The double top secret way of getting a beer is fricken ridiculous

How about this concept - you give people great service, no matter who they are. You will do a lot more business and keep your customers happy.

Hawk
03-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I guess I am just selfish. I get my beer or vodka and tonic within a couple of minutes of those guys seeing me and I will repeat, I never have a problem. I am talking every weekend for the past million years. Otherwise I go to the waiter station and flag a waiter. Nothing top secret about it. So there you go. I really don't care about the masses.

Just my take. Again Sorry. And no I am not kidding. Im not on here to fix the world. The world is all f-ed up and I stopped trying a long time ago. ;-)

Just so you know, this has been brought up so many times to management. Nothing has ever happened. This little upgrade it a first as far as I can tell. Maybe a sign of things to come but I would not count on it. That is all.

southvillager
03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I have had excellent luck at the Wunderbar. The service is always cheerful and efficient, for all customers. And no double secret ordering system is required.

CrudBuster
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
There is no question that the CRP gets its share of crowds but I have had little difficulty getting a beer. Rich and Shawn are 2 of the most attentive bartenders I know -- and I know a lot of bartenders :smile:

The problem is that they spend half their time making hot cocoa and Shirley temples. If you want to see better service in the CRP, how about getting rid of the baby strollers and coloring books that adorn the place on weekends. Yeah, I get that families want to have a drink and all that, but it's a bar and children should NOT be in there. Rather than hiring more servers in the CRP, re-open the keg stand upstairs, so Mommy & Daddy can have a drink with Little Johnnie up there.

As for Rich & Shawn, these 2 work their butts off. As with human nature, they probably are drawn to the happy, smiling patrons and that's who gets served first. So, if you feel like you're not getting your due attention at the CRP, relax, smile a little bit more and "thank you" goes along way.

southvillager
03-01-2013, 02:25 PM
There is no question that the CRP gets its share of crowds but I have had little difficulty getting a beer. Rich and Shawn are 2 of the most attentive bartenders I know -- and I know a lot of bartenders :smile:

The problem is that they spend half their time making hot cocoa and Shirley temples. If you want to see better service in the CRP, how about getting rid of the baby strollers and coloring books that adorn the place on weekends. Yeah, I get that families want to have a drink and all that, but it's a bar and children should NOT be in there. Rather than hiring more servers in the CRP, re-open the keg stand upstairs, so Mommy & Daddy can have a drink with Little Johnnie up there.

As for Rich & Shawn, these 2 work their butts off. As with human nature, they probably are drawn to the happy, smiling patrons and that's who gets served first. So, if you feel like you're not getting your due attention at the CRP, relax, smile a little bit more and "thank you" goes along way.

Welcome to the forum. It is rare to hear a well thought out opinion on the 1st post from a "new person".

I agree, the keg stand upstairs was cool.