PDA

View Full Version : Mar 22 - 24th AZ event @ Sugarbush

Nick
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey guys,

Looking at possibly doing a March 22nd - 24th gathering of AZ folk at the Bush. I've actually never skied there (!) so I'm looking forward to it.

More info here:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/118676-Sugarbush-March-22-24th-potential-AZ-gathering?p=758836#post758836

Let me know if you guys are interested ... - Nick

Hawk
02-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I will be there Nick. Hope the conditions improve.

noski
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin?

Nick
02-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin?Ugh, chocolate chip all the way :lol:

Nick
02-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Confirmed on the trip! We will be there the weekend of 3/22! Click for more info.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/118852-Sugarbush-March-22nd-24th-AlpineZone-Gathering

I hope I can make turns with some of you guys! I have yet to ski at Sugarbush so some inside knowledge would be awe-some!

Nick
03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Welp, I'll be up this weekend skiing Sugarbush for the first time :)

Coming with my wife, son and in-laws who will watch my 9 month old while we ski. She is a beginner skier so Im probably going to spend the morning exploring and the afternoon on the beginner slopes with her. Pretty low-key.

What's a good meet-up spot for Saturday morning?

Treeskier
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Just before 8:00 in the Gatehouse lodge 2nd floor. Red Jacket, blue helmut with a Contour Camera on the side. See you then.

Nick
03-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Just before 8:00 in the Gatehouse lodge 2nd floor. Red Jacket, blue helmut with a Contour Camera on the side. See you then.

Awesome!

I'll be in a blue Actery'x jacket, black helmet with a big AlpineZone sticker on it :)

Hawk
03-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Wow. You guys are early birds. I will see if I can get down there for 8. if not I know what Tree looks like. Actually I can catch you on the bravo before 9.

Steve

Nick
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Wow. You guys are early birds. I will see if I can get down there for 8. if not I know what Tree looks like. Actually I can catch you on the bravo before 9.

Steve

TBH thinking about this some more 8AM is pretty early :)

I plan on being out by 9 at the latest. But this is more of a slow poke year for me with my 9 month old son tagging along.

Since the lodging is at Lincoln Peak I was planning on starting over there. Realistically, how much time do you need to transition between skiing at Lincoln Peak and Mt Ellen? Is Slidebrook good right now?

If I don't check here often you guys can email me too nick@ alpinezone.com. I can send you my phone # then as well.

gostan
03-21-2013, 03:39 PM

Steve

TBH thinking about this some more 8AM is pretty early :)

I plan on being out by 9 at the latest. But this is more of a slow poke year for me with my 9 month old son tagging along.

Since the lodging is at Lincoln Peak I was planning on starting over there. Realistically, how much time do you need to transition between skiing at Lincoln Peak and Mt Ellen? Is Slidebrook good right now?

If I don't check here often you guys can email me too nick@ alpinezone.com. I can send you my phone # then as well. Now I know why Tree and I are able to get so many good runs in between 8 and 9

HowieT2
03-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Ill be there for first chair saturday. Olive jacket, white helmet.

I would think slidebrook is fine. Need to take the gatehouse lift to north lynx before heading in there and they dont run till 9. Takes about a half hour to fo the run and grab the bus over to mt ellen.

teleo
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Now I know why Tree and I are able to get so many good runs in between 8 and 9
without kids that works great. I'll be at LP on Sat as my daughter will want to watch dummy big air. Speaking of which, Nick - are you going to have an Alpine Zone dummy? I smell a marketing oppty.
Hopefully I'll get out for 8:00 solo and meet up with the family at 9:15 at gatehouse quad. Me red jacket, black pants & helmet, on tele's which pretty much means I blend in. My daughter's jacket is equal segments lime green, dark blue, light blue so she's easy to spot.

shadyjay
03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I'll be out in my black vest ;-) at Heaven's Gate all weekend. Hoping the wind doesn't play a factor in tomorrow's operations, but it may.

Nick
03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I had an AWESOME time this weekend. Will write up a full TR later with pics and vids. Got to meet Win also (yay) and the skiing was just phenomenal. Mid-winter conditions everywhere. Tree coverage was perfect.

What a weekend. More to come!

Hawk
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Sorry Nick. Family obligations kept me from meeting up. Glad you had a good weekend.

Steve

HowieT2
03-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Would have loved to do some runs with you guys. You really lucked out with the conditions.

shadyjay
03-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Would have loved to do some runs with you guys. You really lucked out with the conditions.

I think that's an understatement!!!!!

I got reassigned from my spot to work top of Gate House on Sat and the 'Rock on Sun. Conditions really were great.... until I hit that ice flow at the bottom of Jaws. D'oh!

Considering last year at this time.... it was only 2 trails/1 run open.... Stein's and Coffee Run. What a difference a year (and snow) makes!!!