PDA

View Full Version : Take off your snow tires

beelze
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
that's the only hope we have to get more snow!

Hawk
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Funny you should say that. I did mine yesterday. ;-)

gostan
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
What about mud season.....don't the snows help???

Hawk
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Nah.......My suby is a tank. Besides at this rate mud season will be over in a couple of weeks.

Brew Ski
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Snow tires? We don't need no stinkin' snow tires. Actually, i never put them on this year. Sad, really, I was hoping to have to use them. Better gas mileage anyway.

noski
03-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Mine will be on thru March at least. But surprisingly little mud so far on Center Fayston Rd. I know it's all relative, and my version of "little" may be different than some. Suffice to say my front valence/under carriage has only scraped the ground one time so far.

HowieT2
03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
West Hill road was deep mud last sunday.

I'm leaving my snows on

Hardbooter
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
We've had many feet of snow in april in past seasons. I predict the season will end on schedule in the first week of may. It's bound to get super sketchy between now and then though. On the bright side, this weekend looks great.

HowieT2
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
We've had many feet of snow in april in past seasons. I predict the season will end on schedule in the first week of may. It's bound to get super sketchy between now and then though. On the bright side, this weekend looks great.

I'm with you. As soon as we get through this warm stretch and weed out the nonbelievers, a big reinforcing shot of winter is coming.

Hawk
03-15-2012, 07:10 AM
I will be there if we have snow no doubt. But wishful thinking is not my bag. I am a realist. Long range does not show any relaxing of the jet for the foreseeable future. Also with a lack of snow pack on the ground, the ground really never freezing that much and longer warmer days, will make it very hard to build any depth. I would also imagine that the mountain will be looking to shut down and not waist any money this spring. It wasn't the greatest of years. We will see. I would love to be surprised but it is what it is.

Either of you two wanna bet on the end date??? ;-)

HowieT2
03-15-2012, 08:14 AM
I will be there if we have snow no doubt. But wishful thinking is not my bag. I am a realist. Long range does not show any relaxing of the jet for the foreseeable future. Also with a lack of snow pack on the ground, the ground really never freezing that much and longer warmer days, will make it very hard to build any depth. I would also imagine that the mountain will be looking to shut down and not waist any money this spring. It wasn't the greatest of years. We will see. I would love to be surprised but it is what it is.

Either of you two wanna bet on the end date??? ;-)

Dude, that's macabre.

Hardbooter
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
OK, I'll bet you a pint of switchback (CR pub of course) that we either close April 28-29 or May 5-6.

BTW, I can remember a season just a few years ago where we had a warm spell in March and the natural snow melted away, the woods were not skiable and the season seemed over and then we got about three storms of a foot or more in April, the woods opened I can remember gloppy runs in slide brook in late april after a month of staring at grass in the fields.

Hawk
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
You are on!

I remember that year. Totally different set up as far as weather. Look at the models and the long range. The Cold is not coming and temps are not going below freezing for the next 10 days. Even at night.. :-( We will be lucky to make the WE of 4/14. Just Sayin. I will be up each and every weekend until the end except to represent the Bush at Bust-n-Burn at Sunday River.

beelze
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
At this point I think we will be lucky to make it beyond 4/1 both for logistical as well as financial reasons. We've been a bit lucky so far this week with the temps staying below the highs forecast or at least only getting close for a short time. Wed was a huge save as top was just under 32. I'll call 4/8 for LP unless we have a gangbuster last week of March.

pcampbell
03-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I do think we're in for a few more decent dumps, but I don't know if they will come soon enough after a week of 70s.

i guess as of monday i get to start skiing with the dog over at MRG :(

ski_resort_observer
03-17-2012, 11:29 PM
According to 10 day forecast, starting to cool down on Thursdy downright chilly Mon(22th) and Tues, high in the upper 30's on the mountain, possible snow(not a dump) on Sunday. NOAA 7 day has the highs at 3000' on LP during the heat spell, Sun-Wed as upper 50's/low 60's. It's a longrange forecast, you know what that means.