PDA

View Full Version : BEST Food and beverage service food---OPINION

notorious
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
IMHO, it's the new pulled pork sliders at Wonderbar, followed by the ashi tuna burgers at Castlerock Pub. Of course Mutha Stuffers is the best on MT but that's a different category.

djd66
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I love the Turkey Pannini for lunch at the wonder bar. Not sure what the deal is with the bar tender up there - but she is one happiest/nicest people. Everytime I see her she has a big smile on her face and is always in the weeds.

castlerock
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Absolute best on the hill is Dino's (Mutha Stuffers). Fresh, quantity, quality, comfortable. Not even a question.

HowieT2
03-05-2012, 08:40 PM
The wings at the cr pub are world class. Love the burgers too. And the salad, whether upstairs, at the pub or the wunderbar, is great. Love the chili and baja chicken too.

Brew Ski
03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
The Wunderbar has been fabulous this year. Really good food and the service is great. No waiting for a beer, smiling friendly service from everyone up there. Emily the bartender is a welcome addition, lots of smiles and energy. I love that there is good light and you can actually have a conversation AND watch people ski. The pulled pork is really good, sliders and the burrito.

ThinkSno
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Two thumbs up for lunch special Lamb-burgers at the bar at Henri's.

HowieT2
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
speaking of the wunderbar, wasn't it advertised as having been "upgraded" before this season??? I haven't noticed anything different other than maybe a new tv.

Crocker
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
speaking of the wunderbar, wasn't it advertised as having been "upgraded" before this season??? I haven't noticed anything different other than maybe a new tv.

Howie, the Wunderbar upgrades make this thread debate possible. Serving food, expanded hours, expanded staff to improve service and regularly scheduled entertainment are just a few of the upgrades this season. Anyone comparing the action this season with last season's scene would have to agree that the Wunderbar has, in fact, been upgraded.
....and while I'm posting, let me just say--you can't beat the wings at Castlerock Pub! Okay, time to ski!

HowieT2
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Howie, the Wunderbar upgrades make this thread debate possible. Serving food, expanded hours, expanded staff to improve service and regularly scheduled entertainment are just a few of the upgrades this season. Anyone comparing the action this season with last season's scene would have to agree that the Wunderbar has, in fact, been upgraded.
....and while I'm posting, let me just say--you can't beat the wings at Castlerock Pub! Okay, time to ski!

yes, the food and service is definitely an "upgrade" but I thought there was some kind of physical "upgrade". guess not. whatever, its fine by me the way it is and was.

southvillager
03-07-2012, 07:52 AM
yes, the food and service is definitely an "upgrade" but I thought there was some kind of physical "upgrade". guess not. whatever, its fine by me the way it is and was.

The bartender is great! She is fun and provides very good service. She is the main reason we go to the Wonderbar.

Regarding physical improvements, I can't be sure, but I think they did some painting. And there are some framed photos on the wall. The furniture seems to be better, too. Of course, the views are still cool. Considering the success, maybe the Mushroom will be the next to bloom again.

MorningWoods
03-08-2012, 12:13 PM
+1 on the wunderbar. we have gone almost every saturday for lunch.

win
03-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Howie,

Don't you like the Polka Dot seats and the new flat screens?

HowieT2
03-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Howie,

Don't you like the Polka Dot seats and the new flat screens?

didnt notice the seats but kudos on the TVs.

win
03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
How about the tables?

HowieT2
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
How about the tables?

You sound like my wife.