PDA

View Full Version : Finally

win
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USVT0237:1?phenomena=WS&significance=W&areaid=VTZ008&office=KBTV&etn=0003

noski
02-23-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USVT0237:1?phenomena=WS&significance=W&areaid=VTZ008&office=KBTV&etn=0003
I think everyone was trying to ignore it so as not to be disappointed yet again. I think it's safe now! Bring it!

teleo
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
no comment, not going to believe it until I ski it. no jinxing here...

Brew Ski
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Ullr...Bring it on! You don't have the guts to make it +24". I triple dog dare ya!!!!!!!

Head wall on Liftline is begging for some fill. I 'd like a little fluff to practice for the Castlerock Extreme!

castlerock
02-24-2012, 06:45 AM
They upped it: NWS this morning, 14-22"

Today: Snow, mainly after noon. High near 31. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 12 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 18. Windy, with a southeast wind 21 to 30 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Saturday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a west wind between 21 and 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

slaw
02-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Stoked.

Hawk
02-24-2012, 07:55 AM
You people are crazy talking about snow amounts. Not doing it. I am up here and will report what is on the ground.
Bring it!!!!!

teleo
02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm with Hawk on this one. Also up here. Not snowing yet. Still see grass out the window. Still a no snow season. No jinxing here.

noski
02-24-2012, 08:23 AM
You guys are doing great..... I admire your tenacity.

Brew Ski
02-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Anxiously checking the webcam. Nice to see so many people at the mountain. Nice to have some good business.
Just got some snow flakes in Cambridge. Hoping the drive isn't too bad tonight.

Wish I could play hooky today. This j-o-b thing is killing my ski days total.

I still don't think Ullr has the guts to dump 30" on us! That "triple dog dare" is still hanging out there Ullr! Bring it on!!!! Show us some might! Show us some deep and White!

Brew Ski
02-24-2012, 10:59 AM
11am, I see snow flakes on the webcam!!!

Yard Sale
02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Yabba dabba doo!!!!

HowieT2
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Conditions were pretty good today. Might be ok tomorrow. But move along....

Plowboy
02-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Conditions were pretty good today. Might be ok tomorrow. But move along....

Yea .................move along.................

ski_resort_observer
02-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Skifucious says.....winds holds one day can bear much fruit the next.

boze
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Only one word needed:
Upslope.

Hawk
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Awsome weekend. The snow was awsome and we got plenty of fresh tracks.
There was only one thing all weekend that set me off a little........ We were third chair on Saturday at Bravo..right behind the guy doing the Gnar breakfast in lift line. ;-) We sat there at 7:30 watching the 30 Claybrookers, the 10 or so green jacket employees, 12 Powder cat people and the patrolers track every trail on the mountain up. Now I can cut the patrolers slack because they earn it but the rest? It kind of sucked sitting there thinking I get no benefit being a passholer. I think I can finally understand what that dude was talking about last year before he split. :-( Anybody else feel left out.

shadyjay
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I feel your pain. But keep in mind the employees heading up are going to get their lifts ready... Heaven's Gate and Castlerock, and are only tracking up Downspout.

I ran Bravo all day Saturday and had to watch everyone have a good time. To be honest, I really didn't want to be out riding on Saturday - way too many people and way too windy. The lift lines at Bravo were overflowed outside the corral from shortly before 8am until around 3pm. We were able to turn the speed up (once the wind calmed) and get everyone up the hill a little faster. We were all surprised that all lifts eventually opened, because at 7am, it wasn't looking too promising.

HowieT2
02-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Uhhhh no. I took the kids on the cat saturday morning, although you didnt see me coming down to the base since i did slidebrook.
Fwiw- the cat generally runs laps on north lynx but when we took off at 7, they thought the super bravo would be on wind hold so we did 1 run from Alyn's before it became apparent that they would be able to run the bravo and so we went over to nl.
We obviously made the wrong call doing saturday instead of sunday but it was still fun. Not great but probably cheaper than the dinner i blew off that night.
Its frustrating seeing others getting some while waiting in the lift line but i dont think it materially diminishes the available fresh powder. Neither first tracks programs go anywhere near heavans gate or castlerock. And ordinarily the cat doesnt go up the bravo. And the claybrookers only get 1 run.

Whatever, today was epic.

Hawk
02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Look, I didn't obvioulsy get shut out. It was a great day. I was just amazed at the sheer amount of people and tracks put down before people paying $88 for the day got a shot. Lots of pissed paying customers in line.
Jay, nice try but the group of Green Jackets made several laps.
Howie, wong.....I watched Win and his merry group do 3 laps with 30 people.
And yes I had my share. Just Sayin.

boze
02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
FWIW I'm a season pass holder and forked over an add'l 75 greenbacks for the opportunity on Sat to hit untracked slopes plus some other stuff incl Slidebrook as the finale of those 4 limo rides. Figured it was gonna be jammed and w/ some serious flakes f/c to arrive by Sat AM I dug around the couch cushions and prioritized my budget for the cat. Normally I'd content myself with feasting via the lift (such as 2nd chair today on NRX - boy oh boy was that extra special!). But instead Win & Co got some more of my dough on Sat to use as they see fit. 1 x 12 add'l tracks on Downspout plus 3 x 12 tracks on North Lynx ruins the day for anyone then that's a bummer. i certainly appreciate the ill will that can generated esp on a powder day be it cat trips, cutter passes, etc. And don't get me started on the Blazer programs who last year would grab 1st chairs up HG as I watched horror-stricken after waiting 40 minutes in pole position...(thankfully some folks in a position to improve that situation / policy did so). Anyway, I can't disagree with you Hawk yet I see the merit in the mountain providing special access for a premium; it's not a democratic approach but, thankfully, the 'Bush isn't up for re-election. Now how about those insanely delicious conditions today? Mtn skied terrific Fri 7 Sat but today was the bomb.

Hawk
02-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Boze you were right behind me at North Linx on Sunday Morning. We were first, broke trial and went down Door # 1. Sweet!!!! I was really glad that the Cat people didn't go down Slidebrook that morning.

slaw
02-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Just woundering. Does Stowe or Jay do any "cutter passes" or have first track programs?

I hear and feel the frustations (Was in that Bravo line too) but If it helps sell 1mm Condos and keeps Summit Ventures in the game engaged in making Sugarbush better, then I'm willing to surrender the visual stoke of looking at an untracked trail and move over a bit to get my own fresh line. Which there was plenty. At CR there were only a couple of Patrolers and Win before the open. There was plenty to be had.

chrisinvermont
02-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I don't have a problem with Claybrook owner and cat riders. It would be nice however if they had opened the other lower lifts prior to 9:00am. The lines for the Bravo chair were all the way up the hill at 8:30/8:45. The valley house double and the gatehouse lifts were spinning but not loading until 9:00am. I can never understand why on a day like Saturday they can't load those lifts a few minutes earlier to relieve the traffic. You would think on epic days they could fudge the opening a bit. None the less, great day with lots of great runs.

HowieT2
02-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Boze you were right behind me at North Linx on Sunday Morning. We were first, broke trial and went down Door # 1. Sweet!!!! I was really glad that the Cat people didn't go down Slidebrook that morning.

boze with with me at mellon sunday.

HowieT2
02-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Look, I didn't obvioulsy get shut out. It was a great day. I was just amazed at the sheer amount of people and tracks put down before people paying $88 for the day got a shot. Lots of pissed paying customers in line.
Jay, nice try but the group of Green Jackets made several laps.
Howie, wong.....I watched Win and his merry group do 3 laps with 30 people.
And yes I had my share. Just Sayin.

if that was the case, I stand corrected. and frankly, while I understand it is a perk to sell ridiculously overpriced condos, it should be done discreetly. having your most loyal customers stand in line at the bravo while 30 people do laps in their face is not right. they should do their first tracks off gatehouse or off the valley house after one lift off the bravo.

Hawk
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh now I see he said NRX. My bad.

win
02-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes, You are correct. I did first track with Clay Brook owners as I do each weekend. This happened to be the largest group I have had - surprise, surprise! I always have another employee "sweep" for safety. Anyone else in a green jacket was going to work. I think there was plenty of first tracks for all, no apologies. Oh, one more thing. I did pop on first chair on Castlerock on Sunday. That was the ROI on my investment here.

Treeskier
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
What a great weekend!

http://clubxtaski.com/120225_Powder_Weekend_Finally_web/photos/048_120226_Powder_At_Last_1.jpg

http://clubxtaski.com/120225_Powder_Weekend_Finally_web/photos/050_120226_Powder_At_Last_1.jpg
and more on the way!

win
02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
That's my son-in-law. Glad both my daughters married avid tree skiers. Thanks for showing him the stash. He loved it.

notorious
02-29-2012, 02:31 PM
That's my son-in-law. Glad both my daughters married avid tree skiers. Thanks for showing him the stash. He loved it.

He seems to like to play in his F-I-L's backyard.

boze
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
If Win has another daughter, I'm sure my wife would understand... ;-)