PDA

View Full Version : Election Season - Who is the Pro-Snow Candidate?

ShadyB
02-09-2012, 10:17 AM
We've all had a lot of disappointment recently as we nervously open up weather.com, the Single Chair weather blog, and other weather sites hoping to see a big dumping on the way. Seeing that it is election season... I think we can blame Washington for this. Who is the best pro-snow candidates? Who will bring a bunch of pow to our fair valley? New England has a strong history of pro-snow candidates. Way back when, Mike Dukakis and his Massachusetts Miracle spurred the great Blizzard of '78!

Some initial thoughts... which doesn't help with the thought that we'll get out of gridlock anytime soon.

- Romney's plan includes more snow for everyone… but only 15% of the snowfall goes to the top 1% of the mountains.
- Gingrich promises that he can get more snow… but he said 5 years ago that he thinks snow impedes the economy so we have no idea where he stand. He also wants to get rid of illegal immigrants that help to shovel the snow.
- Ron Paul wants more snow… but is against government intervention (grooming, snowmaking, maybe even chair lifts – we need to hike up the mountains to ski under Paul's Administration)
- Santorum said that until we outlaw gay marriage and abortion, the snow will be impure and infrequent – God only snows on the righteous.
- Rick Perry is back in Texas leading a group prayer for more snow.
- Sarah Palin says that she used to watch all of that snow in Russia from Alaska with a lot of suspicion. So she moved to Arizona. She's no longer pro-snow. That's why she's not running.
- Dick Cheney is detaining several meteorologists in undisclosed locations in the third world until we can figure out how to get more snow.
- Meanwhile… John Kerry chimes in and says that he was for more snow before he was against more snow. If Teddy was still around, he'd want snow for everyone - as long as it wasn't in his Hyannis backyard.
- In recent news, Obama just sent an emergency stimulus bill to Congress that is for more snow but at the same time pushes for warm sunnier weather. The House responded by arguing that his plan had way too much snow as a skiing stimulus but they also wanted even warmer sunnier weather.

It's time for a serious political discourse... who can get us more snow???

djd66
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the board ShadyB! I love the humor,... here's a few more:

Billy Bulger – I don’t know if my brother was responsible for stopping the snow
Mike Dukakis: I created the Massachusetts snow miracle,… remember, I was governor during the blizzard of ’78! I was responsible for all that snow! (while driving a snow cat)
Tom Menino: Ah,. Ah a,h aaaaaa v m p[d,cd,…….. I can’t understand what he is saying

MntMan4Bush
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Ted Kennedy - That wasn't my dead prostitute in the back of the snow cat that I just drove into the Mad River, but regardless I'm willing to reach across the table to the snow haters and make an agreement for snow that is mutually agreeable so long as it is fair.

djd66
02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
OMG MntMan,... I need to ride the life with you someday,... you are too funny! Thanks for your off-beat sense of humor, you seriously made me laugh this morning.

Dellwood
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
George W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" Winter began on 12/22/2011. Y'all welcome

shadyjay
02-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Really? Someone else on here has a "shady" nickname? Really?

"There can be only one"
Highlander

HowieT2
02-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Really? Someone else on here has a "shady" nickname? Really?

"There can be only one"
Highlander

Sword fight?
Sweet.

MntMan4Bush
02-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Thank you, though I'm sure my wife would request that you not encourage me. She insists it gets old.

ShadyB
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Anyone who quotes Highlander deserves a little respect! Didn't mean to infringe on the Shady name... I'm not too shady... just consider me a "mini-Shady" (2 posts to your 689). Don't worry, I'm a reader more than a poster. You're still the King of Shades.

shadyjay
02-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I will admit that I had to use google to determine where that quote came from. I have heard it before, just couldn't place it, and wanted to be accurate. Now its coming back to me.