PDA

View Full Version : A bit of stoke in a low snow year

ahm
02-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Since we are all jonesing for some pow, thought I would post this recent pic from the Utah backcountry. This was shot outside of Logan, near the Idaho border about 8 km from the nearest road. Enjoy. AHM

gostan
02-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Great idea for a thread to pick us all up during this meagre (so far) 2011-12 snow year.

Here is the view in bounds last Thursday at Revelstoke, BC during the recent Club X-taski BC ski trip.

ahm
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Gostan,

Nice shot. Can be some great snow there. Did you push out past the gates and get into some of the far reaching terrain. Also, did you hit the Revi "ballet" in town? Always fun(ny). Any touring from the club X crew. With the snow, I would imagine Rogers would have been awesome.

AHM

gostan
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Gostan,

Nice shot. Can be some great snow there. Did you push out past the gates and get into some of the far reaching terrain. Also, did you hit the Revi "ballet" in town? Always fun(ny). Any touring from the club X crew. With the snow, I would imagine Rogers would have been awesome.

AHMThe ropes/gates were crossed as we all skied with transceivers & shovels, etc. & I am sure that Treeskier will post some heli-skiing & other pics on the ClubX website and here as well. Rogers Pass was simply drop dead gorgeous, but a stop there was not in our itinerary. The 4 of us worked up quite an appetite during the days for the fabulous restaurants in Revelstoke and Golden (Kicking Horse) ?

HowieT2
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
will someone please please do something about the snow situation. I am getting fed up. I got a week coming up and want to spend a good part of it in the woods. We need a storm. love the upslope thing, but we need a good solid freakin storm. wtf???

noski
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
will someone please please do something about the snow situation. I am getting fed up. I got a week coming up and want to spend a good part of it in the woods. We need a storm. love the upslope thing, but we need a good solid freakin storm. wtf??? I'm with you, Howie - and also at a loss on this one.