PDA

View Full Version : pow-pow tonight?

ski_resort_observer
01-29-2012, 08:57 PM
The Weather Channel says 1-3", NOAA says 3-5", some weather guy on AZ says 8-10". I guess we will find out tomorrow.

HowieT2
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
The Weather Channel says 1-3", NOAA says 3-5", some weather guy on AZ says 8-10". I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Didn't set up as they anticipated. Oh well. Welcome back Phil. Where u been?

noski
01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
3-5" last night at my house 1750'. No wind this morning, blue sky.

SkiVideoGuy
01-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Coming up next week, thanks for the great forecast Josh!!

Hawk
01-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Any little bit helps. Just looking for net gains these days.

win
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Should be a powder morning again tomorrow.

Pastime
01-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Any local knowledge that you can share? More than 5 inches and I might be starting a one day flu bug!

Hawk
01-31-2012, 08:29 AM
More snow last night. More snow today. The midweek crew again reaps the benefits. You don't have to tell me how good it is. I know. ;-)

klop
01-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Josh is certainly optimistic. http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

Hawk
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
What else can he be after what they have been skiing over there. ;-)

HowieT2
01-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Josh is certainly optimistic. http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

unfortunately that post was from sunday night. since then the models have lost what they had for the weekend. not that it can't come back but at the moment, there's nothing to get excited about (except the Giants).

Hawk
01-31-2012, 10:11 AM
I think that his blog was more about the pattern change and that there is a better possibility of storms comming down the line.

You should get excited Howie. It's better that you experince the whole roller coaster effect like we did 4 years ago. ;-)

HowieT2
01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
I think that his blog was more about the pattern change and that there is a better possibility of storms comming down the line.

You should get excited Howie. It's better that you experince the whole roller coaster effect like we did 4 years ago. ;-)

What happened 4 years ago?

Hawk
01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Some team pulled a magical rabit out of their collective a$$. ;-)

HowieT2
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Some team pulled a magical rabit out of their collective a$$. ;-)

oh, right. I seem to have a vague recollection of that game. wasn't the other team on the verge of completing a historic undefeated season? that really must have hurt.

Hawk
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Actually not so much for me. I'm a hockey fan. I just like to poke at you NY folk. It's more fun than work. ;-)

HowieT2
01-31-2012, 11:12 AM
if the bruins win the cup in a forest, would it make a noise?

Hawk
01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
The thing is Howie, I played hockey my whole life. I've watched every game for years. I'm not a band wagoneer. I really don't care if anybody else is watching. It's all about me. ;-)
As for the Pats...... I am a band Wagoneer. I swore off the Pats durning the Grogan era. It was just too painful to watch. Now they are more exciting so I watch. If they Sh*# the bed, I just go back to my little cave and watch Hockey. :-)

HowieT2
01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
The thing is Howie, I played hockey my whole life. I've watched every game for years. I'm not a band wagoneer. I really don't care if anybody else is watching. It's all about me. ;-)
As for the Pats...... I am a band Wagoneer. I swore off the Pats durning the Grogan era. It was just too painful to watch. Now they are more exciting so I watch. If they Sh*# the bed, I just go back to my little cave and watch Hockey. :-)

giggle giggle!
if you want to get a rise out of a hockey fan, just tell 'em how little people care. never fails. I listen to a sports radio show with Boomer Esiason on my drive in. He's a huge ranger fan and whenever he talks hockey, they say "nobody cares about hockey, Boomer".

I happen to love playoff hockey.

Brew Ski
01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
OK, here we go...

Football aside, the long range forecast change suggested by the new models looks promising. We can only hope for a 2007 like winter where we started getting dumps about once a week from February through early April, with big dumps at Valentines, presidents day, St. Patty's day, and end of programs day the last week of March. That one dumped like 28" on a Thursday through Friday night, and we got to jump the Church Saturday morning. The Church was filthy with about 10' of snow. So much snow the second drop off didn't exist. We dropped off the skier right cliff. It was unbelievable. Got an Easter storm that year too.

Here's hoping for lousy commutes in the snow on Friday nights!!!!!

Brew Ski
01-31-2012, 04:23 PM
giggle giggle!
if you want to get a rise out of a hockey fan, just tell 'em how little people care. never fails. I listen to a sports radio show with Boomer Esiason on my drive in. He's a huge ranger fan and whenever he talks hockey, they say "nobody cares about hockey, Boomer".

I happen to love playoff hockey.

Actually, it is that nobody cares about the Rangers!!

I'm a life long hockey puck too. Bruins look pretty good again this year.