PDA

View Full Version : Castlerock Lift

Nutmegger
01-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Is the Castlerock lift broken? Kinda strange it hasn't been running on MLK weekend.

gostan
01-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Is the Castlerock lift broken? Kinda strange it hasn't been running on MLK weekend.I suspect that if the lift were open, The crowds would make Castlerock unsuitable for skiing in a heartbeat.

Hawk
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
This is exactly correct. The trails were already showing the wear and tear yesterday. Opening the lift would just leave us with rocks and dirt. Hell I liked it better when the mountain said nothing and the place would stay good for a week or more. Now with the marketing push, they can claim 100% open even if it means sacrificing the base. I was about 50 chairs back on the opening of the HG Chair on Saturday. I went straight to Castlerock because I knew that people would go there very soon. I was mistaken. :-0 Everybody went there first. All trails were tracked by the time I got there. Oh well. I guess it means skinning at dawn to get my bounty. I will not be denied next time. ;-)

win
01-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I think the snowpack with the amount of skiing it got and the cold weather has set it up beautifully. With a big of fresh snow we will open the lift by next weekend. Had we let more people on it, it would have been trashed.

Hawk
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Win, are you going to get the snowmaking going on North Lynx next? The end of the month could be a little challenging on the temps and weather.