PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 all over again!

vonski
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Is this gonna be a repeat of the 2006-7 season. I believe that is the right year. Warm December top of Ellen open while south sat idle. Then Xmas came and the snows began shortly thereafter, Powder the rest of the season, The Rock closed in end of March and was open again a week later after another major dump! We debated if we would take a year like that again. Well if once it gets cold and stays cold I am good with that!!! Desperately Seeking Snow!

skierdon
11-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I could have the year wrong as well, but I was thinking of the 2005-2006 season- similarities include a massive end-of-October storm followed by extreme warmth through December. Don't remember what the rest of the season was like, but it is certainly starting off the same way. I remember skiing off the lifts at Wildcat in October and then not pulling the skis out again for a while.

Hawk
12-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I hope your right Von. I will look back at my Pic archive and see what I can find. It was one of those years. That was also the year that we got an obsurd amount of upslope snow. I can remember half a dozen days that we got about a foot with no snow in the forecast.

vonski
12-01-2011, 08:20 AM
That year I got in a car accident on 12/6 and dislocated my big toe. I was out till New Years, I was riding the GMX to midstation to sit in 50 or better temperatures on the deck with a walking boot on my foot. So early season did not matter to me. My son was in first year of Blazers, I drove him up to ski the weekends. But Once I got my boots back on on New Years the year just kept getting better. I don't think I heard my skis scratch that year more than 3 times. The area by the Valley house double termination by Stein's/ the mall never got icey. So, lets see what happens. It took till Martin Luther King weekend to get good all over.

Hawk
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I hope your right dude. I just hit a bunch of sites that usually have good forecasts and the gloom and doom is setting in. The general consensus is that this pattern is going to hold until at least Christmas. We will see. I hope they are wrong. :-(

HowieT2
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I hope your right dude. I just hit a bunch of sites that usually have good forecasts and the gloom and doom is setting in. The general consensus is that this pattern is going to hold until at least Christmas. We will see. I hope they are wrong. :-(

agreed. not looking good.

Yard Sale
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I can't take it anymore. Air compressors this . . . water pressure that . . . more efficient snow guns yada yada yada . . . Kmart and Sunday River did XYZ bladdidydoo . . . Ok, sure, it's all purtinent stuff, even somewhat interesting and their all fine points, but . . .

JUST FREEKIN GET COLD AND SNOW ALREADY! WTF!

Hey Ullr, I'm talkin' to you.

I've danced, nuthin.

I've burnt skis, nuthin.

What's it gonna take to get this freakin' season rollin?

Throw me a bone. How 'bout giving a self interested pagan a sign or something and stop makin' me guess!

What do i have to sacrifice? Just tell me, and it's yours, Dude: My desk at work? My wife's jewelery? The kid's toys?

Moses had the burning bush for Christ's sake. That llittle friggin' smoldering shrub gave out a pretty detailed list of everything Moses needed make happen. Now, I'm not lookin' for an elaborate miracle like that. I'm just looking for a hint. Is that too much to ask for, a friggin' hint? Just tell me what I need to burn, and i'll burn it! Alright?! C'mon! Let's be reasonable.

Perhaps, I could have one or both of my Labrador Retrievers gold plated. Would that be something you might be interested in seeing?

Would it kill ya to just give me some kind of a freakin' sign? a hint? a riddle? an anagram? a bird on the window ledge? a puff of smoke? something?!!!. Huh, Ullr? Huh? Ya listnening? Anyone there? If my phone don't ring, is that you callin'? huh, Ullr? huh? Is that you bro?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!

Nick
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Seriously I can't stand this warm weather another minute

Hawk
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Dude!!!! It's gonna be OK. It's commin. Wait for it.......

I can't take it anymore. Air compressors this . . . water pressure that . . . more efficient snow guns yada yada yada . . . Kmart and Sunday River did XYZ bladdidydoo . . . Ok, sure, it's all purtinent stuff, even somewhat interesting and their all fine points, but . . .

JUST FREEKIN GET COLD AND SNOW ALREADY! WTF!

Hey Ullr, I'm talkin' to you.

I've danced, nuthin.

I've burnt skis, nuthin.

What's it gonna take to get this freakin' season rollin?

Throw me a bone. How 'bout giving a self interested pagan a sign or something and stop makin' me guess!

What do i have to sacrifice? Just tell me, and it's yours, Dude: My desk at work? My wife's jewelery? The kid's toys?

Moses had the burning bush for Christ's sake. That llittle friggin' smoldering shrub gave out a pretty detailed list of everything Moses needed make happen. Now, I'm not lookin' for an elaborate miracle like that. I'm just looking for a hint. Is that too much to ask for, a friggin' hint? Just tell me what I need to burn, and i'll burn it! Alright?! C'mon! Let's be reasonable.

Perhaps, I could have one or both of my Labrador Retrievers gold plated. Would that be something you might be interested in seeing?

Would it kill ya to just give me some kind of a freakin' sign? a hint? a riddle? an anagram? a bird on the window ledge? a puff of smoke? something?!!!. Huh, Ullr? Huh? Ya listnening? Anyone there? If my phone don't ring, is that you callin'? huh, Ullr? huh? Is that you bro?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!